Mac-noob needs help with audio-setup.

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
hey there,....
due to lucky circumstances i just got a G5 powermac OS X 10.3.4.
this beast is supposed to be my new workhorse. along with the G5 came a digi 022 rack interface.
now after everything's setup it's working fine, the interface works in protools, with i-tunes est, unfortunately i cannot route the internal beeps and tones to it, also is a dvd's sound still played over the internal speaker.
when i open setup--> audio i can choose the digi HW as playback device, but that doesn't work for the internal soundes and dvd etc.

anyone some ideas?

thx

LSD

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
System Preference / Sound / Sound Effects : make sure "Play alerts and sound effects through" is routed to your desired output
+that'S the problem, i cannot choose anything there, although the digi haw is shown in the "output" tabi cannot choose it in the "soundeffects" tab.....

the digi 002 isnt multi client so you can't have both.

besides you wouldnt want that as it would make the 002 change sample rate and bit depth every time it played a system sound.

BUT if you wanna listen through the 002 when your not using tools you need to set audio out put in system prefs to the 002. you have to keep redoing it...
wierd