Virtual Audio Cable for Mac?

MetallyGuitarded

He whom thou art not
Hey folks, I know there's a program for PC called Virtual Audio Cable and I know what it does, but is there something similar for MAC OSX? Preferably OSX v.10.5.4-ish?

You might recall posts about me trying to get an original M-Box and/or an M-Audio Firewire 410 to work with my friends MAC G5. We tried everything we could find on the web, even loaded a v.9 version of MAC OS because it was 'tested/proven' and that didn't even work.

At this point we're saving up for something else, god only knows what, but we still have the M-Audio Firewire 410 to use for a while if only we could get it to work.

I've gathered from reading around that PreSonus stuff was supposedly MAC friendly and we're looking at the $150-$250 range for either PCI/USB/Firewire. I am leaning towards the Line6 TonePort UX2 because they're cheap and abundant. My buddy wants to just get something like a 8 track Yamaha HD stand-alone multi-trackm which he has seen for around $200. Currently it's 2 guitar players and a drummer and we've been using line outs from both amps and a Kick and snare/OH mic, with those 4 channels mixed down to stereo via a cheap mixer and into the G5. I can't seem to convince my friend to buy something like a FirePod 10. Yet we are struggling to make intelligible demos and are eventually looking to add a couple musicians.

Our last 'free' resort was to use multiple cheap PCI/USB sound cards and a program like Virtual Audio Cable to go between the multiple interfaces and Ableton Live or Cubase. As far as he and I can tell, Ableton will not recognize more than one interface/audio device so we're hoping to fool it with a software solution that will.

You can spare me the 'Quit fuckin around and get the FirePod' lectures, I've said the same to my friend... I think he's more guitarded than I am.

If you have any other redneck/retarded notions as to how we could pull off multiple sound cards or how to get that POS M-Audio 410 working, I'm 70% water... er, all ears. Well, one of those is true.

BTW - My single 8 foot long guitar string is going on sale soon! Buy now and get them in time for next Christmas!

That is actually exactly what I wanted to try! Thanks Payne. That's probably a pretty basic thing for a Mac user to know but since my buddy is obviously not much of a Mac guy and I'm a PC guy we were kinda stumped.

I googled my ass off and I was amazed that nothing like Virtual Audio Cable existed for Mac other than 2 programs that did it on a strictly app to app level. That's cool that Mac OSX lets you do that. Anyone know if there's a way to do that same thing on a PC? I have a couple soundcards I'd like to try that with and I already know they'll both work in the same machine at the same time.