Mac Os X Yosemite

Turns out there might be a problem with Yosemite and Logic Pro 9.

Looks like whenever I open up Logic Pro 9, Yosemite sometimes opens it up in 32-bit mode. Didn't realize this at first and was wondering why everything was so shit.

Just now the "Open in 32-bit mode" setting was ticked off, and still Logic opened in 32-bit mode.

I've been thinking about switching to Logic Pro X, but I would prefer this not be the actual reason to. :zombie:

iCloud drive is disappointing. It seems okay on the computer, but on the idevice side, apps don't seem to synchronize as well as expected. I reverted back to Dropbox for real file exchanges. Anyone else felt the same ?

Think i'm going back to Mountain Lion for now, which is a bummer because i really liked it.

My M-Audio Projectmix isn't working very stable, the headphone outputs are working but i can't seem to get any sound through my monitors. Can't acces the software as well, which M-Audio hasn't been updating since 2012. It worked well under OS 10.8, bummer really

Apple has been shitting on the pro audio market for a good 5-6 years now; from the discontinuation of FireWire despite lobbying for it to be made a standard, to sandboxing all Logic plugins, to OS updates breaking the way CoreAudio works with interfaces, to removing the ability to have extra internal harddrives and nixing PCI card slots entirely on their pro-level tower... I just don't get it.

Am I the only one not mad about Firewire?

It was a horrible format and you only need a thunderbolt adapter to get it back. Generally speaking the problem is most of the audio market is about 10 years behind the game anyway - christ how many companies are still rolling out usb 2 and firewire interfaces like its 2004?

Hackintoshing is a pretty stable thing now so every time I want to hate on Apple I just have to remind myself what a ginormous clusterfuck Windows 8 is. Apple might be shitting on the audio market but Microsoft are busy shitting on everybody.

Am I the only one not mad about Firewire?

It was a horrible format and you only need a thunderbolt adapter to get it back. Generally speaking the problem is most of the audio market is about 10 years behind the game anyway - christ how many companies are still rolling out usb 2 and firewire interfaces like its 2004?

Hackintoshing is a pretty stable thing now so every time I want to hate on Apple I just have to remind myself what a ginormous clusterfuck Windows 8 is. Apple might be shitting on the audio market but Microsoft are busy shitting on everybody.

Yeah, I'm more frustrated that Apple shitting on the audio market = the only viable option getting worse. I love my Hackintosh but I'm sick of being stuck on old buggy versions of stuff that have been fixed but I can't move up to yet for various reasons.