Machine Head - "The Blackening"

SweptbackFlame

twitch.tv/SweptbackFlame
Oct 4, 2006
Canada
I know some of you defanitly hate this band, but to those who have actually heard the new album, I just want to get your opinion on it.

I found it was alright, defanitly outdone there last album, solos and melodies are decent, but whatever that's just me

your thoughts on it?

I found the Blackening to be a pretty sick album. I like it more then Burn My Eyes, to be honest. BME had some 'eh...' moments here and there, but The Blackening from beginning to finish was a solid album. So, it's my favorite to date from Machine Head.

Yeah, it's defanitly better then Burn My Eyes, I never really liked the old machine head much but that album was pretty good, but this is just like :kickass:

Good album very sludge/grind thing going on not unlike 'Burn My Eyes', which is a good thing

I was excited when I saw the cover because I thought it was some French black metal band, but I was a bit disheartened when I saw Machine Head's name on it. Still, I like a good portion of the tracks and it is pretty superior to most of the related shit that's being released in high profile.

I was excited when I saw the cover because I thought it was some French black metal band, but I was a bit disheartened when I saw Machine Head's name on it. Still, I like a good portion of the tracks and it is pretty superior to most of the related shit that's being released in high profile.

Yeah, most defanitly, the lyrics are pretty powerful in some ways, "Aesthetics Of Hate" for instance, was actually a song about some guy who wrote some letter, stating words of hate to Dimebag

I was excited when I saw the cover because I thought it was some French black metal band...
Australian actually...
137055.jpg

MachineHead-TheBlackening.jpg

Infamy's Count The Dead used the same picture too.

It's fucking shite. The first album was great, everything after has been bad. This new one is fucking garbage. A lot of it sounds like (yes, I said so in another thread) the music in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but here we don't have a cracking blonde bird to ogle. So I'd rather just watch Buffy and listen to the soundtrack for that.

And a lot of this album sounds very much like TRIVIUM. If that's what you want to listen to, be my fucking guest. I'd rather listen to some real music.

Total fucking shite.

It's fucking shite. The first album was great, everything after has been bad. This new one is fucking garbage. A lot of it sounds like (yes, I said so in another thread) the music in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but here we don't have a cracking blonde bird to ogle. So I'd rather just watch Buffy and listen to the soundtrack for that.

And a lot of this album sounds very much like TRIVIUM. If that's what you want to listen to, be my fucking guest. I'd rather listen to some real music.

Total fucking shite.

Total fucking shite.

:lol:

I must admit I was surprised (positively) with this album. It's better than I expected. Not a masterpiece but good, solid release.

It is my favourite Machine Head album, I thought it was miles better then anything else they have done, I guess it has a bit of a Metalcore vibe to it but then again when Nu Metal was in Machine head has a nu metal vibe.. I guess thats the only real problem I have with it... Still, its great for trashing a bedroom to or getting psyched at a party.

I don't have it yet, but I heard some samples of all the songs, and it's what I would expect after their last release.

I like their sound pesonally. It's just their own brand of American metal. Good stuff.

And I actually like the vocals once I got used to them. I'd rather hear lyrics instead of screams sometimes.