Machine Head

AbsentFriend

Hail to the King
Mar 3, 2003
Tha Nethalandz!
Machine Head is one of my favorite bands when it comes to pure power, energy and aggression. Now I was watching the new album preview video on their site (http://www.machinehead1.com/media.html) and when Robb shows the songtitels on the whiteboard, the number 1 song is called 'Opeth' (funtitle ofcourse!)!!!

In his diary he says it will be a 10 minute riff-marathon or something. Cool to see that Opeth has maybe some influence on other-type-metal bands!

Can't wait to hear the new MH!

Just to let you know.

they released a few Nu-shit albums (Burning Red). But the latest effort is quite fucking good. Burn My Eyes is one of the best metal albums of the 90's at least.

Have you guys ever seen them live? I've never experienced more energy onstage than at a Machine Head gig!! They blow everything away. Opeth is in a different league. Opeth are by far my favorite band ever. But MH slays live.

I like them too, at least the first two albums... Should be posted in the non-related forum though, Samsara will probably take care of it soon

:Wreath: said:
I like them too, at least the first two albums... Should be posted in the non-related forum though, Samsara will probably take care of it soon

this is opeth-related

don't you get it? their new song is called Opeth! :kickass:

I SAID ROFL!!!

oh shit, shame on me... I thought it was another: 'great band-discuss' thread and haven't read the first post to the end :lol: my bad!

I think they have some good quality thrash metal songs, the first album is very good for its time, the second was a bit of a let down in terms of consistency and the rest (apart from their latest which was quite good, but not brilliant by any stretch) were dreaful.

The Hellalive album is excellent, as its like a greatest hits and the live performance comes over very well, in fact i went to see them when they filmed for their dvd (which i never bothered to buy) - they were extremely powerful. I think their drummer is class.

I couldn't make the link work for their preview btw.

Let Freedom Ring With A Shotgun Blast

The first album is a classic, second is good, 3 & 4 suck butthole, 5 is almost a return to form and the live album has great energy.

Cool Band.