Machine Head

Machine Head are great..... they kinda lost it with supercharger, but their latest has seen them redeem themselves.

As a live band they are brilliant... always delivering a powerful show!

Death_To_False_Metal said:
Let Freedom Ring With A Shotgun Blast

The first album is a classic, second is good, 3 & 4 suck butthole, 5 is almost a return to form and the live album has great energy.

Cool Band.
I agree, the first one is the best !

^0h 0k

that is fine, just because i like you :Wreath:, otherwise she would've gotten a "what are you implying?" from me already!

worldwide_suicide said:
^0h 0k

that is fine, just because i like you :Wreath:, otherwise she would've gotten a "what are you implying?" from me already!

so it's reserved for those you dislike? :D have to remember... :cool:

The first album is boring and none of the songs are memorable. The second album starts off with three classic songs (Ten Ton Hammer, Take My Scars, and Struck A Nerve), but then turns into Burn My Eyes 2 (aka unmemorable, boring metal). "The Burning Red" has by far their most memorable songs on it, and I think half of everyone that hates it and doesn't hate their others is just like OMG THERE IS RAPPING ON TWO SONGS OMG OMG THAT MEANS IT IS THE SAME AS LIMP BIZKIT EVEN THOUGH IT ACTUALLY COMPLETELY GOES WITH THE SONGS AND ISN'T MUCH OF A STRETCH FROM THEIR NORMAL STYLE OH YEAH ALSO THERE ARE TWO BALLADS AND BALLADS ARE NON-METAL TOTALLY PUSSY OMG AND ONE IS A POLICE COVER STING IS TOTALLY GAY! Not to say there aren't some crappy songs on it, and the "message in a bottle" cover IS pretty cheesy, but overall it's their best album imo. I haven't heard "Supercharger" but I have never heard anything good about it, and the last one I never really paid any attention to besides "Imperium" which is awesome and probably their best song.

I'll be very interested to hear their new album, I'd like to hear what they'd sound like with an opeth influence.

^Yeah, to tell the truth some songs off The Burning Red are pretty decent even if it it borrows a lot from the nu metal cliches...i think that their only complete shitty album is Supercharger...

wankerness said:
The first album is boring and none of the songs are memorable. The second album starts off with three classic songs (Ten Ton Hammer, Take My Scars, and Struck A Nerve), but then turns into Burn My Eyes 2 (aka unmemorable, boring metal). "The Burning Red" has by far their most memorable songs on it, and I think half of everyone that hates it and doesn't hate their others is just like OMG THERE IS RAPPING ON TWO SONGS OMG OMG THAT MEANS IT IS THE SAME AS LIMP BIZKIT EVEN THOUGH IT ACTUALLY COMPLETELY GOES WITH THE SONGS AND ISN'T MUCH OF A STRETCH FROM THEIR NORMAL STYLE OH YEAH ALSO THERE ARE TWO BALLADS AND BALLADS ARE NON-METAL TOTALLY PUSSY OMG AND ONE IS A POLICE COVER STING IS TOTALLY GAY! Not to say there aren't some crappy songs on it, and the "message in a bottle" cover IS pretty cheesy, but overall it's their best album imo. I haven't heard "Supercharger" but I have never heard anything good about it, and the last one I never really paid any attention to besides "Imperium" which is awesome and probably their best song.

I'll be very interested to hear their new album, I'd like to hear what they'd sound like with an opeth influence.

I don't like The Burning Red very much (The blood, the sweat, the tears and some other songs are very good) as an album because it is too much Nu-metal. I don't like Nu-metal very much. Not because it's gay, just because I don't like it. And indeed, I don't fancy rapping that much. I own the album, and I think it's ok. Just not my favorite. Plus I think Robb Flynn was trying to be something he's not. And I think it was because Nu-metal was trendy. Machine Head should not be trendy. They should be Metal. AND I do like ballads!! Very much so.

The new album will be metal, with longer songs. I like that! And hopefully a ballad :)

The Burning Red was one of the first "metal" albums i got into. I love Burn my Eyes and like the more things change alot.

Davidian and Old are classic 90's metal songs imo.

I guess their first album is supposed to be some kinda re-birth of thrash music..in the mid 90's. then they were led astray and made shitty nu-metal for about 10 years. or something. I saw them live a few times and they have a ton of energy on stage...but man...the albums just don't do it for me at all.

illidurit said:
there's a song "Opet" by an old obscure prog/psych band called Drugi Nacin, I wonder if they got it from that crappy book

Drugi Nacin are an old Croatian band, I know this because my parents used to like this band when they were growing up and being from their home country, it's kinda expected heh..... 'Opet' in Croatian means 'Again'.... so that's a definite no. ;)