MACHINE HEAD's "Elegies" DVD.....Out Now!

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
B0009HLB3O.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

MACHINE HEAD's "Elegies" DVD sold a little more than 3,000 copies in the United States (according to Nielsen SoundScan) in its first week of release to debut at No. 13 on next week's Top Music Video chart. "Elegies" has registered the following first-week chart positions the world:

#4: Germany
#6: U.K.
#6: France
#13: U.S.

MACHINE HEAD's first-ever DVD, "Elegies" focuses around (and contains the entirety of) the band's performance at London's Brixton Academy, filmed on December 5, 2004. In addition, the disc features three behind-the-scenes vignettes, focusing on the making of the band's newest record, "Through the Ashes of Empires", life on the road with MACHINE HEAD, and an up-close and personal look at the greatest horde of lunatics in the world — MACHINE HEAD fans. Viewers have the choice of watching the vignettes interstitially (injected into the concert footage) or on their own. On top of that, three music videos — "Imperium", "Days Turn Blue to Gray" (both uncensored and uncut) and "The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears" — are also included, each accompanied by its own behind-the-scenes "Making of" documentary. All of the aforementioned behind-the-scenes and documentary material has been recompiled and re-edited from over 300 hours of footage amassed by the band since writing for "Through the Ashes of Empires" began in 2003, providing a never-before-seen glimpse into the world of heavy metal's most ferocious empire.

In other news, MACHINE HEAD's classic 1994 debut, "Burn My Eyes", will get the "25th anniversary reissue" treatment as a CD/DVD combo through Roadrunner Records on February 7, 2006. Although nothing has yet been confirmed, it is believed that the bonus features on the DVD will include footage of the band's "Burn My Eyes" 10th anniversary show, shot in Philadelphia on August 8, 2004.

I've been waiting forever for this DVD - after Anthrax MH are my next fave band. It hits Australia on 30/10 supposedly.

Got it yesterday. A killer-DVD.:headbang:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Through The Ashes Of Empires was a great Album, and so is the DVD!
And 19,99 Euros isn't expensive for a DVD
The interviews about not finding a Label after Supercharger are interesting.
The Gig at Brixton Academy looks and sounds great. I promise, one day I'll fly to the B.A. watching some killer metal band. This location looks fantastic for metal-gigs.
And for all the "Rap-Bashers": The "Rap"-Album sucked, but they are allowed to make mistakes. Listen to
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Through The Ashes Of Empires and all is forgiven. You'll hear that they are better then ever! Best LiveAct I saw last year!

By the way: The new Hypocrisy-CD RULEZ! There's a DVD with a complete Liveshow added (for just 15,99, CD + DVD)

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Great dvd but I think they hyped the backstage stuff between songs too much. It was kind of non-existent aside from the two times between songs. They kind of made it sound like there was going to be a ton of backstage stuff(ala Lamb of God's dvd). I'm kind of a fanboy in that I like to see what they are like on a day to day basis. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitching because it still beats my bootleg stuff any day.

I read that they might be re-releasing a Burn My Eyes 10th anniversary edition and it might also contain a concert dvd where they play the whole BME cd:headbang: . That's what Anthrax needs to do instead of just re-releasing the same crap. They need to make it worth while and give the fans something that they can't get from their old cd. I know someone will say "They remastered it!" Sorry but that is not a good enough reason for me to buy something that I own already.

MyHatred-That's what Anthrax needs to do instead of just re-releasing the same crap. They need to make it worth while and give the fans something that they can't get from their old cd. I know someone will say "They remastered it!" Sorry but that is not a good enough reason for me to buy something that I own already

Ian: "We didn't want four releases. We wanted two releases - the live DVD documenting the reunion tour with a bonus CD and No Hit Wonders as a CD with a bonus DVD, but both labels said 'no, we can't release them with bonuses because it'll cost too much.' We told them that we thought it was ridiculous to release four pieces of product. If you expect people to buy both, they're going to spend the same amount of money if not more to buy four pieces. The way I look at it is buy the live DVD and the remastered CD. I know I'm shooting myself in the foot by saying that, but we look at things like fans. Give them a thing with a bonus even if it costs a couple bucks more. Fans will appreciate that more rather than thinking 'why the fuck do they have four pieces of product

Well, I didn't read that interview before I wrote that prior post and it looks like I put my foot in my mouth :ill: . I am glad he feels the same way about it:) .

Ian:"We wanted two releases - the live DVD documenting the reunion tour with a bonus CD and No Hit Wonders as a CD with a bonus DVD, but both labels said 'no, we can't release them with bonuses because it'll cost too much.'"

Labels SUCK! If it really costs so much, why is it possible for the Label of Hypocrisy to sell the new cd (Virus) including a bonus-DVD with a complete livegig for 15,99 Euros?
The Label should be honest and say:"Well, it doesn't cost too much, but we earn much more money with 4 releases!"

Oh man i have got to get this "Burn My Eyes" 10th anniversary show on DVD. Must have bee nan awesome show, i want more info!!! Anyone heard anything more about it?