Machinehead!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
MACHINE HEAD To Release 'Through The Ashes Of Empires' In October - June 16, 2003
MACHINE HEAD have set "Through The Ashes Of Empires" as the title of their fifth album, tentatively due in Europe on October 13 through Roadrunner Records.

The follow-up to 2001's "Supercharger" will be recorded at Sharkbite studios in Oakland, California, with lead singer/guitarist Robert Flynn at the production helm along with additional assistance from Andy Sneap.

Sneap, who had previously worked with the group on 1997's "The More Things Change..." , will be present for the initial stages of tracking but will be unable to oversee the entire process due to prior commitments. Sharkbite studio owner Mark Keaton will engineer the recording and legendary producer Colin Richardson will step in to mix the effort in late July/early August at Chapel Studios in Lincolnshire, England.

MACHINE HEAD's sixth official release (including the group's recently issued live album, "Hellalive"), "Through The Ashes Of Empires" will mark the recording debut of the band with guitarist Phil Demmel, who joined the group in early April.

Demmel has assisted the band in re-writing a small chunk of the ten new songs that were completed before his addition to the group.

"Phil being in the band has been incredible," drummer Dave McClain said. "Having two guitarists with similar talents has opened up a lot of things that the band hasn't explored in years. To say we're excited about this album would be an understatement. I think when people hear what we've been up to they'll be blown away!"

Among the tracks set to appear on "Through The Ashes Of Empires" are the following:

01. Bite The Bullet
02. All Fall Down
03. Left Unfinished
04. In The Presence Of My Enemies
05. Descend The Shades Of Night

I cant believe how soon its going to be out, Rob said 2004 at best a while back :headbang: Im really looking forward to this one! Sneap and Richardson produced 2 of the best sounding albums ever in Machineheads first two, and now they have a guitarist who actually enjoys the heavy stuff!

I hope it's better than their last two albums! I reckon it will be. As long as it has solos, and sounds nothing like Meshuggah, all will be well.

[color=#AOEOOA]Yeah I agree blitzy.

I didn't mind TBR or SC but this record will either be in a similiar vain or it'll be a mix of the two styles (early and later).

It'll be interesting.[/color]

I reckon they worked their way upto TBR...listen to how the first 2 are evolving..thats where they end up..but, I hope this new one is alot more like TMTC..., that is still to date their best fucking effort