machines ARE learning how to feel

we'll need some strong people, and smart hackers... time to take down some scientists...

Larf03 said:
The thought of Playstation 3 being about as poweful as a human brain functionning at 1% capacity is fuckin' scary!

Think about what the average human uses their brain for, that's scary - no wonder machines will surpass our boozey tv-zoned lardy bastard race

Yeah I see your point, after all you could equip a machine with self replication and evolution programming and possiblly simulated emotions, but it would still be following basic commands. Since we lack understanding of what exactly consciousness really is it's a bit presumptious to assume we could simply implant this awareness into a machine. If anything it's more likely that a machine will develop more understanding of what consciousness is just by the pure speed of its intellectual evolution (Moore's law or something akin). In that case perhaps the machine itself could eventually create cybernetic life within itself, if it so wished to. That's one idea anyway.

TheDreamingMind said:
Think about what the average human uses their brain for, that's scary - no wonder machines will surpass our boozey tv-zoned lardy bastard race

I was about to mention how we only use 4% of our brains er something...it's already 1/4 as smart as we are

unknown said:
I was about to mention how we only use 4% of our brains er something...it's already 1/4 as smart as we are
Dude, thats a fable that has been passed. If we only used 4% we'd have like a walnut sized brain. Take a psychology class.

satanicnugz said:
Dude, thats a fable that has been passed. If we only used 4% we'd have like a walnut sized brain. Take a psychology class.

I was going to, but it interfered with my AP Music Theory class.

So how much of our brain do we use, oh one who has taken a psychology class?