Macho Man Randy Savage calls a radio show to request some Opeth

A_Tossed_Dwarf

The Dragonmaster
Feb 11, 2006
First off, I'd like to just say "hello" as I'm a n00b (for now).

So yeah, this was really fun - and I'm sorry about the deceptive thread title :Spin: . I called an all request show on the major rock station out here in the Virginia Beach area to request some Opeth, except I did the whole thing as MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE.

Now they played the Opeth song, but what's even better is they played my whole request shpeel on the radio. I had fun doing it, and I hope everyone here can at least get a minor kick out of this as well.

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2601EXRS4GX0R3KA0TYGCPS4IV

Here's the dialogue if you can't quite hear it, but you shouldn't have a problem:

(DJ)Shelley: FM99?
Me as Macho Man: Oh well hellooooo there, Shelley!
Shelley: Heh...hello!
Macho Man: This is Randyyyy...hey I gotta song you hafta play for Metal Shop.
Shelley: Alright, what do I gotta play for Metal Shop?
Macho Man: I wanna hear some OOOOOOPETH.
Shelley: Some Oooopeth.
Macho Man: Ohhhh yeah, Opeth.
Shelley: Dude-
Macho Man: "Demon of the Fall"
Shelley: They're all...really long. I could, I could rock some long Opeth.
Macho Man: Alllll right.
Shelley: I think that one's only like 6 minutes and 30 seconds or so.
Macho Man: Yeah, "Demon of the Fall" is actually 6 minutes and 13 seconds, I got every one memorized ohhhh yeah.
Shelley: Ooh 13 s...I, I was damn close, I was, I was getting close with that one. Randy, who's rockin your Ooopeth?
Macho Man: Oohhh SNAP INTO AN FM99 OHHHH YEAH!

Thanks for listening, and please don't flame me if you think I'm lame (ok, ok...you can flame me all you want). Huzzah.

That kicks ass :headbang: Perhaps I should try that with one of MY stations as well ... sure would love to hear some Opeth on the radio :D

You should have made him play Black Rose Immortal! :tickled:

People would be sitting there for 15 minutes going "Wtf??? Has this song ended yet!?!?!"

And then 5 minutes later when the song is over they combust because they can't handle the pressure. :lol:

- Roflmao

Macho Man was my hero growing up. I miss the old WWF

I heard a shortened version of Deliverance on a local station last year during the harder faster segment. It was pretty cool

I used to love the ol' WWF...It was pretty much harmless fun
I liked Savage too(OOOH YEAH)...kind of grew out of it about 8 years ago...haven't watched it ever since up untill I heard Owen Hart died in a wresting accident...saw a rerun of his 8 stories plunge to his death... that made made really really hate Vince McMahon and whatever was once a great entertainment....

oh sorry:erk: once I start,It's hard to stop...
great stuff with Savage...and welcome to the forum.
now that you've been welcomed, we can start treating you like a noob
now you polish my shoes:p

I keed I keed

prowlergrig said:
:lol: i dunno who mr savage is, but that was cool :)

machoman.jpg

this is Macho Man Randy Savage

Is there anyone besides me who thinks that a buffed guy in tights calling himself macho man(you know like the song) is pretty gay...
p.s
his real last name is Poffo...
he's 64 now(when I get older losing my hair many years from...)
a little Beatles nostalgia...whoever didn't recongize should be ashamed of himself.:erk: