Madagascar!!

pretty*tied*up

New Metal Member
Aug 10, 2005
Hi Area 54! :wave: I've known of you for a while but dont come on forums very much! I saw on some Guns n' Roses forums that u've covered Madagascar!! although I would do anything *giggles* to hear it I think its very nice of u 2 do the right thing by Axl and keep it 2 yourselves!

:worship:

Lakis u probably dont remember me but I came over 2 u at Trivium :oops:

U ALL rock! C u on the next tour!! xoXox

I've since been informed that this story turns out to be true! It's been a long time since I heard the Rock In Rio or Leeds gigs..which is Madagascar? is it the one with the trumpets and starts "no i..wont be tooold any more.."???

Slasher said:
I've since been informed that this story turns out to be true! It's been a long time since I heard the Rock In Rio or Leeds gigs..which is Madagascar? is it the one with the trumpets and starts "no i..wont be tooold any more.."???

That's the one - got it recently on Limewire. Sounds cool, but needs polishing. I wonder how different the 54 version is? I wonder how on earth the song is going to see the light of day considering the amount of laws about this kind of thing...

MattBlack said:
That's the one - got it recently on Limewire. Sounds cool, but needs polishing. I wonder how different the 54 version is? I wonder how on earth the song is going to see the light of day considering the amount of laws about this kind of thing...

probably no light :erk: unless the band play it live and record it and put it up for us all to download :headbang: (hint hint) :loco:

Dan W said:
put it as a hidden track at the very start of the album (some bands have done it) so you have to rewind to get to it

I'd love to hear it - but there's more to consider than just the copyright. I don't think even a hidden track is exempt from copyright law anyway...

There's also the fact that Axl needs to make his album. I'm a huge fan of GNR, and have much respect for Axl himself for his musical genius. I'd hate to think that Area 54 might somehow damage Axl's album release.

However, I'm also aware how much Area 54 respect Axl, so I'm sure they will do nothing to hinder the release of Chinese Democracy.

Don't think Axl and his big label lawyers would be too pleased if 54 tried to release this in any form on a record. Wouldn't put any money on any label being willing to work with 54 on a record with this track on either. So don't expect to see this on anything other than a CDR or some file-trading network for quite some time (if the band actually have recorded a version)