Mago De Oz 5/26 Chicago

Might have to get my tix early. There's a lot of Mexican peeps that never go to metal shows but always go to see Mago De Oz, if it's at the Aragon it might sell out.

Dude there's a million rock shows at the Aragon that sell out from South American rock bands that sing in Spanish, it's the whole "Rock en Español" thing.

mexicousaposterva0jm4.jpg

Dude there's a million rock shows at the Aragon that sell out from South American rock bands that sing in Spanish, it's the whole "Rock en Español" thing.

I knew about this "culture", but I didn't know that Mago de Oz was included here. But I suppose I probably should have known, since the number of Mago de Oz shirts I've seen around Chicago (one) is far out of proportion with what I assumed to be their popularity here (4 people would show up to a show at The Pearl Room).

But yeah, some years ago I went to see Aterciopelados at the Aragon (I think Jaguares was headlining?) Despite me and my brother being the only pasty-faced dudes in the whole crowd towering over everyone around us, it was a boatload of fun. Might have to add this one to the list to attend.

Neil

I knew about this "culture", but I didn't know that Mago de Oz was included here. But I suppose I probably should have known, since the number of Mago de Oz shirts I've seen around Chicago (one) is far out of proportion with what I assumed to be their popularity here (4 people would show up to a show at The Pearl Room).

But yeah, some years ago I went to see Aterciopelados at the Aragon (I think Jaguares was headlining?) Despite me and my brother being the only pasty-faced dudes in the whole crowd towering over everyone around us, it was a boatload of fun. Might have to add this one to the list to attend.

Neil

Jaguares are huge in Latin America. Yeah Mago De Oz is kinda pushed into that category although they quite don't fit the criteria. The majority of "Rock en Español" bands have sort of an "Alternative" sound.
Personally I'm not too much into those bands. I like "El Tri" and "Cafe Tacuba" to a point but that's about it.
This should be a good show.

Three days between Chicago and Houston huh? Well I am pretty sure KC has one of the larger Mexican populations in the Midwest, but I dont know about metal heads.

TIERRA SANTA > ANY Latin metal band on the planet.

Yeah, I have a Mexican friend who has some friends who are in a local rock band. They have played the Aragon a lot.

What I have noticed in both the metal and punk scenes is that Mexicans support ANY latin band, even if they themselves are not into that kind of music.

One of the best Chicago punk bands of all time (and I am sure Bob will agree) was called LOS CRUDOS. Any of their shows was packed, because you would get the punk crowd plus MANY Latinos and Latinas Bonitas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just ragging on Lee.......

I think for more aggressive music, it is cool to hear in a different language. Almost sounds more pissed off and aggressive.