Mago De Oz 5/26 Chicago

Why do you say that?
Any Latin music show I have been to (not that it's been a ton, but a handful) were definitely attended by those also not into the music.

I don't support ALL latin rock bands as you put it. I also happen to be Mexican.

Well, yeah, but you are already into a specific genre of music that you support regularly....

I am talking about folks who really aren't into music, but go to support latin bands.

:lol: Why were you arguing with me before, when you had previously said the SAME thing?????????

That's because I consider Mago de Oz to be a form of Metal instead of Rock en Español. Hence the phrase "Never go to METAL shows."

Most fans of Rock en Español NEVER go to metal shows, if they did they would be a shitload of Mexicans at every Bavmorda gig. ;)

Sorry, I don't want mom and dad to show up at a Bavmorda gig so we can claim that we "draw". I rather have people that appreciate the music.

You told me to get more Mexicans to a Bavmorda gig, I can bring my whole friends and family to a gig if I wanted to but they wouldn't appreciate the music. I rather have people show up because they like us.

Does that explain it?

Well, Bavmorda really isn't in the Mexican scene.
I think you are the only Mexican in the band, right?

I was not implying that it's a bad thing that some bands draw non-music fans. You never know when that one person might become a fan because of seeing a particular band.

Well, Bavmorda really isn't in the Mexican scene.

True, but as far as I know I'm the only Mexican in the scene (local). ;)

I think you are the only Mexican in the band, right?

Si.

I was not implying that it's a bad thing that some bands draw non-music fans. You never know when that one person might become a fan because of seeing a particular band.

I didn't take it as a bad thing, I just disagree that ALL Mexicans who like rock support every single rock band that sings in Spanish.

I think Nick (DemonOfTheWoods) and I may be making a trip to New York on May 25th. :headbang:

We're going for Grave Digger in March, why not for Mago de Oz? (Who we've never seen either.) I hope they do the same stage show that I've seen on their videos (with the pirate ship stage and cannons that shoot blasts of fire) ... oh wait, they probably can't since Great White ruined that. :lol: j/k

Damn. I'm doing a lot more traveling for shows this year than in year's past.

Grave Digger - NY - March
Iron Maiden - NJ - March
Flight of the Valkyries - MN - June
ProgPower - GA - September

Not to mention all our regular hour-long drives to Jaxx in VA for the good metal shows.
<<< Loves Metal, Will Travel :Shedevil:

I was unaware that Super Penis actually had more of a role with the band than just as an element of the cover artwork and liner notes artwork on their albums. I laughed so hard when I saw him dancing around the stage. It's like their version of Eddie ... only much more bizarre.