Maiden cancel 4th NYC show

lol... all sorts of conspiracy theories are going about...
Maiden says the show was sold out, but the venue said it was 1100 tickets short of a sell-out...
you know what the other act was?

a Xerox company convention

The story becomes a bit clearer...
apparently, Xerox has a convention over the weekend and needed the three days to set up, soooo seeing that Maiden was booked for one of those 3 days at the Hammerstein... Xerox took Clear Channel and Hammerstein to court... the result of which was the cancelation...
hmmm
now, there's a message on the official Maiden bb saying that ticket holders should retain their numbers because they will be given priority booking at a future show... whenever that is...

God, between this and the a**hole chucking his beer and shorting out the board, I'd say they really enjoy touring America now! :erk: Sorry guys!!!!! I thought this type of thing only happened in the amateur ranks! Damn!

Some NY fans including myself were angry b/c
1) As early as Saturday the Staff at Hammerstein were telling people the Tues show was cancelled
2) Monday night the Marquee read Tues show cancelled
3) Ticketmaster was still selling floor seats late Monday night,yet the mgmt reported it was a sellout on the BB
4)All the equipment and lighting rigs were seen being packed up Monday night
5) I was told by a clear channel employee that I should come on Monday,not Tues, but he wouldn't say why
6) Why didn't the band mgmt try to book another night either Sun or WedsAND finally, Why did the mgmt wait until Tues AM when it was too late for people to get hotel refunds,had already started their trips from other states Also, just one last thing one asshole spilling a beer does not represent a whole group of people,Maiden was unable to do any encore,yet my fellow New Yorkers didn't riot or tear the place apart they gave Maiden a huge ovation for the show even though they were angry and disappointed that there would not be any encores.

Posted by Radio DJ Eddie Trunk... stolen by yours truly from the Maiden bb ;)

So as feared, the Iron Maiden show for tonight (Tuesday) has been cancelled. I first heard about this possibility a few weeks ago via email from a listener. At that time I passed it to the promoter (as it was the date I was hosting), and they said they knew nothing about it and the show was on and tix were being sold. Then I get to the show Friday night, and the person ripping tix recognizes me and tells me "Tuesday is cancelled". Trying to see what was up, I asked Maiden management and label and was informed there was a dispute over a double booking of the room that night. I know this seems impossible, but it is true. The venue booked a Zerox convention the same night as a Maiden show, obviously a MAJOR screw up. Why it was not addressed and resolved until this morning doesn't make sense, but the reason they are not playing is legit. The bands management was taking legal steps to try and make the show happen all weekend, which is why I got a call Friday minutes before the band was to arrive at my studio saying that wasn't happening either! There was a fear the topic would come up, and Maiden were advised not to talk about it in hopes of it being resolved. In an effort to help the band, I understood, and was given a promise they would be on with me this Friday (via phone) and talk about this whole mess first and exclusively. I also hosted Maiden Saturday night, because we all knew there was a chance the show would not happen Tuesday. Many have speculated that this is all a smoke screen and it was a ticket sales issue. You know me to give it to you straight: this is the truth, Zerox has a convention and I guess they are paying the venue more then the venue was paying Maiden (I would assume the band still gets paid for tonight, since there was a contract, but I'm not sure how it was legally resolved). No Tuesday was not sold out (neither was Monday as of the day before), but this was not the reason for the show being cancelled. Maiden are telling the truth.Tix can be refunded at place of purchase. As more news develops I will let you know, and be sure to tune in this Friday for a call in from the band about this whole mess (which also will detail what happened Saturday night when sound issues cost the show to be cut short). I'll keep you posted!

I dunno, but maybe the band was sort of in denial and tried to solve the problem until it was too late in the vain hope that they could pull that show through after all?

ROTFLMAO

also played

INKERMAN(wickerman)
BRAVE NEW DOCUMENT
AFARID TO PRINT FOR STRANGERS
FEAR OF THE DARK ROOM

SPS
this is classic
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Hope they didn't leave out classics like:

Brave new Copier
Fear of the Toner
The CopyRepairMan
Number of the Copy

-- Steve
devilfinger.gif
[/font]

Venue.. what can you say, they do stupid shit.. pitty the band didn't say anything before about it tho. A lot of people spent a HELL of a lot of money to fly in there, book hotels, ect. And to be told the day of the show is not proffessional at all. Screw 'makeing the venue mad at us'. There should have been an annoucement by Sunday, so folks could cancel rooms, ect 24 hours before they were non-refundable.

Lets hope the same things dont happen in LA.

On the plus side, if they had just wanted out of playing a lightly-sold gig, they would have used the same lie every other band in the world does "Oh, our singer is ill".

So I hope all you Californites have a blast and enjoy the show. I wish I could be there but between airfare, and hotel room there is no way I could afford the $400 in combined expenses to see 1 night of a concert.

-Hobbes