Nashville TN Thoroughbred 20
Dallas/Fort Worth TX Rave North East Mall 18
El Paso TX Carmike 16
Houston TX Santikos Silverado 19 IMAX
San Antonio TX Santikos Palladium
Salt Lake City UT Carmike Hollywood Connection 15
Madison WI Marcus Point UltraScreen Cinema
Milwaukee WI Marcus Ridge Cinemas

This is that new Sam Dunn documentary? The other ones were decent. I'll check it out if I can figure out what damn theatre it'll be playing at over here.

They're showing it in theatres here as well, I'll probably go see it. Actually I'll definitely go see it, how could I possibly pass this up and call myself a Maiden fan? :kickass:

It's going to be show here on the 21, 24 and 25. Maybe the 24 and 25 dates can attend, will see.

movie set list... coming soon on Blue Ray too!!!

ron Maiden Flight 666 The Film & The Concert Deluxe 2DVD+Book.
Featured Tracks
Disc 1
1. Iron Maiden: Flight 666
Disc 2
2. Churchill's Speech / Aces High (Live In Mumbai 1/2/08)
3. 2 Minutes To Midnight (Live In Melbourne 7/2/08)
4. Revelations (Live In Sydney 9/2/08)
5. The Trooper (Live In Tokyo 16/2/08)
6. Wasted Years (Live In Monterrey 22/2/08)
7. The Number Of The Beast (Live In Los Angeles 19/2/08)on the rail..we gave 'em hell!
8. Can I Play With Madness (Live In Mexico City 24/2/08)
9. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner (Live In New Jersey 14/3/08)
10. Powerslave (Live In San Jose 26/2/08)
11. Heaven Can Wait (Live In Sao Paulo 2/3/08)
12. Run To The Hills (Live In Bogota 28/2/08)
13. Fear Of The Dark (Live In Buenos Aires 7/3/08)
14. Iron Maiden (Live In Santiago 9/3/08)
15. Moonchild (Live In San Juan 12/3/08)
16. The Clairvoyant (Live In Curitiba 4/3/08)
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name (Live In Toronto 16/3/08)

Link to what records UK http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/search.asp?artist=iron+maiden&title=flight+666&format=&catalogue=&submit.x=71&submit.y=9

10. Powerslave (Live In San Jose 26/2/08)

Not a bad song, can't recall is that was the one tat moved the audience the most.

I want to see disc 1, need to know if my friend Roberto made the cut on the interviews by Sam Dunn.

P.S. I'm not yet ready for Blu-Ray, barely accepting the concept of DVD :lol:. I want to switch my computer next year once Windows Vista is gone, maybe at that time I'll look for Blu-Ray burner for the machine.

Well I just bought two tickets for Friday (my friend Henry and I). $21 for both, no lines, just pick them up with ID and credit card. Nevertheless we're going early to find good spots in the cinema.

Good film! There was a lot more live footage than I expected but that's no problem. Nobody wants to see just talking heads for two hours and having live Maiden on the big screen was very cool. :kickass:
Some mad people in South America and "the ass of the world", Costa Rica...
This movie also makes you realize just how good Bruce sounds nowadays, he's better than ever quite seriously.

Saw it with two friends of mine tonight. Really good documentary, the crowd was fun and they played some great songs. Definatly try and see it, basically shows what the tour was like from the bands perspective and it was really interesting.

Local radio station was there and my friend cought a shirt. While we were walking into the theater some guy in an suv stopped to let us go, he gets to a full stop, we start to cross, get in front of him and all of a sudden there was a really loud explosion so we look over, guy got rear ended and lost a light...
fun night

Yeah, saw it last night. Surprised to see the following in India of all places. Footage was nicely balanced between live and doccie stuff. Nice to see some glimpses in to the private doings of the band. And Bruce is a machine.

An amazing documentary indeed. I'm gonna buy the DVD for sure as soon as available.

The whole thing in the cinema let me to a lot of thoughts about the situation, so bear with me a bit.

My friend Henry (this was his birthday gift, we hit 39 the 18th) and I came early to the place to find a suitable parking spot (I already had bought the tickets by phone some days before just in case). We park, went into the cinema, pick the tickets and went into the row (already formed 1:45 before the showing) to access the showroom.

We run into our friend Mario the movie critic who was interviewing people for some other show so we were dicussing with him about the movie. He expressed certain concerns about the editing, he felt not all the takes from the audience we really form the country shown at the time (whcih can be perfect possible considering editing technology nowdays). For example the documentary shows how hard was the Colombian show regarding security (with the police and military and all), but the you see the audience with cell phones and cameras even if one of the Colombian dudes interviewed was complaining about the police taking away all those gadgets.

Anyway, we enter around 20:00 (the movie was at 21:00), security was checking people out people with a magnetic detector (first time ever seen in a cinema) and of course with all the metal I was carrying plus my keys, the guy give up on me :lol:

We caught good spots in the middle of the cinema room, sit and look at the people around. Basically everybody was wearing an Iron Maiden shirt, some exceptions was a kid with a Slipknot shirt (I wanted to kill him but Henry didn't let me :heh:), a guy in shirt and a tie with his kids, and an old lady with her family (I suppose).

Around 20:15 a guy shows up and tell us that because of intellectual propertu rights and I don't know what other crap they were compelled to play the movie right that moment and that everybody must leave the cienma as soon as finished because something about the show being presente simultaneously in al Central America and blah, blah, blah. Of course everybody roared let it run! and the movie started.

I sware I have never seen a most mesmerized audience in a movie in my life, not eben in church you have everybody sit down in silence not even moving in their chairs, was like a divine ceremony.

People of course chanted along the songs, went roaring when they show Costa Rica and clapped along in 'Fear Of The Dark'. Really a great audience.

When we were leaving we spotted another row ready to enter the cinema (thus why thet kicked out us all so quickly) it seems the demand overcomed the offer and they have to put another show :headbang:

All this let me to this thoughts:

a) Despise misconceptions by people, metalhead audiences can be more civilized than even fans of Tolkien or Star Trek at their movies (as an example).

b) The movie is a great marketing idea. Not only fans of Maiden and metal are going to see it and buy the DVD, but the sellings are already granted in the places the shows were filmed because people will say I was there, the camera lloked at me, will I make it to the final cut?. So both Maiden and Sam Dunn are going to make a lot of cash (even if Steve said that thwy were on the tour because of the music and not the money :saint:)

c) The movie shows a band having fun on the road, with a responsible singer who's also the captain of the plane and take very seriously his role and responsability. The members of the band in their free time play tennis, golf, go fishing, rest in the hotel or do tourism.

d) The bass player flies with his offspring because he want to keep his family with him while on the road (no mention that Lauren is carving her career opening for the band).

e) The drummer goes to a Mexican ceremony where a shaman gives him a flame for good will, health and spiritual healing.

f) The band drinks some beer, some wine, but they say we don't go get trashed in a bar beacause we have to wake early to play.

g) The road crew works hard and responsable, they joke but never you see anyone cursing, getting angry or even smoking.

h) At the plane everybody is having a good time making fun of the air hostess but everybody behaves.

i) All members of the band talk nice about the rest of the members, the road crew, the audiences, the countries. Janick has a doctorate in sociology, Bruce is a pilot, Steve a caring father, Nicko, Dave and Adrian are sportsman. The band took time to play football. It's almost Walt Disney material :p

If you analize the whole movie is made to sell a clean, nice intelligent look at Iron Maiden and heavy metal concerts. It's very clever in the way it transmit the message.
So the obtuse metalhead who wants everything to be tr00 kultit's gonna nag because the band is so angelical, but the parents (like maybe that guy in a tie) will see this and think maybe the music that my kids listening is not that bad a role model.
The movie took the time to show the famous incident when Chile forbided the band to play because of satanism accusations, and then they show finally we play in Chile, see we are normal, we are clean, we deliver fun and music.
The images of Japanese kid in the row, the guy with the drum stick crying in Colombia, the Brazilian priest which has made Maiden a cult, the Canadian girl sucking her finger, even the girl running with bare breasts for a second (in Colombia I think) were presented with style, to ensure a beuatiful view of the show and the band.

I think this movie besides the fact that most of the audiences are going to be metalheads who doesn't need to be convinced, is going to open mentalities to the genre to those outside who see it for whatever reason. I think Sam Dunn pick a great subject and the band knew he will deliver a great documentary (I doubt he could acomplished the same with Motley Crue, Tankard or Deicide :loco:).

Definitively a must see, a must have and a great idea by Maiden and Dunn, kudos to both for a job well done.

Up The Irons!

P.S. I want to marry the redhead Aussie, my she was hot :Smokin:

We were there..

IMG_0594.jpg