MAIDEN FLIGHT 666 MOVIE

Yes, this was awesome! I wish they had put more backstage stuff, but still rocked. I went to see it twice, definitely buying the DVD. One of my favorite parts was the little kid in Costa Rica singing along to Powerslave :kickass: I just love metal kids, there were about 4 of them at the movie theater as well, with their Maiden shirts and all.

Saw it in Edinburgh. Thought it was excellent. The music gave me chills and made my hair stand on end like I was hearing the songs for the first time all over again, and trust me, it's been years since I felt that from those songs. Reminds me why I love Iron Maiden more than any other band in the world... the bit about Costa Rica I found particularly interesting as I have a Costa Rican friend and now I understand where she's from just a little bit better... the fans there were insane :lol: She was asking me all about how they portrayed the country afterwards. I didn't tell her that it's referred to as "the asshole of the world"!

the bit about Costa Rica I found particularly interesting as I have a Costa Rican friend and now I understand where she's from just a little bit better... the fans there were insane :lol: She was asking me all about how they portrayed the country afterwards. I didn't tell her that it's referred to as "the asshole of the world"!

I'm not sure if we are the asshole of the world, but for sure we are in a hellhole. For years nothing ever happened here and I'm not going to list here all the crap the country lives with (music is enough without going into politics, economy, etc..

Along the years we begun to have our quota of international bands playing in the country: Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, Bride, Rick Wakeman, Rata Blanca, Masterplan, Gamma Ray (I lost these last three because I was living in USA :cry:), Sepultura, Misfists, Hammerfall, Dark Tranqulity, Cannibal Corpse, Marduk, Helloween (twice, I sadly miss the first one living in USA), Mago de Oz (several times I don't know what for :ill:), Tierra Santa, Dio, Cast (twice), Angra, Sodom and the most recently, the biggest, the one that moved everybody the two dates of the Maiden tour (I only went to the 2008 one).
Lack of venues, bad promoters, bad attittude from the fans, money issues are the main problems we have to endure, that´s why we don't have more bands coming here. So with all and all even if we have our share of bands, we still feel we live at the Earth's rear end.

Of course the first one was the delirium (we never thought it would happen a second one), so yes basically what you see in the movie is what it happened. I can post here a lot of complaints about the event and of course the movie will show only the positive aspects in all countries, but why to spoil it?. :saint:

fye and i think amazon have it on preorder. vinyl, dvd, cd, blue ray, it's all out June 20

Amazon and CDUniverse too. I never preorder for reasons of my own, but I'm surely gonna buy it when it comes out.

Hey Wyvern! I told my Costa Rican friend about you and she wanted to see the picture so I showed her this thread and it turns out she knows your friend Henry! Small world... she was wondering your name so she can ask him about you! She said she used to work at MXI interviewing lots of bands and stuff, she says he is in a band and has a great voice :)

Are you sure this isn't out June 9th?!

Yes it is, as a matter of fact I just checked Amazon and they already shipped my copies :kickass:

Hey Wyvern! I told my Costa Rican friend about you and she wanted to see the picture so I showed her this thread and it turns out she knows your friend Henry! Small world... she was wondering your name so she can ask him about you! She said she used to work at MXI interviewing lots of bands and stuff, she says he is in a band and has a great voice :)

You are pulling my leg! What's her name? I have to tell Henry. Henry had a very promisory band (alternative/progressive rock) but sadly the drummer and the keyboardist had other priorities and the band split in the middle of their first full-lenght record :erk:. Anyway Henry has a great voice and good stage presence, with former bands he opened for Jethro Tull and Jon Anderson when they played here years ago. And before they split he won the equivalent of the Grammy for best rock composition two years ago.
As for my name the one and only: Rolando :worship:lol:

Her name is Irene Jimenez, she worked as producer of MXI, Música por Inclusión, Canal 15 Universidad de Costa Rica. She says to say hi to Henry! Ciao, pura vida!! :lol: See, she taught me some Costa Rican...

Just picked this up for 11.99 at BestBuy. Great Price! They also have the Led Zeppelin double DVD for 11.99 as well, in case anybody is interested. Can't wait to check them both out. I seen some of the Maiden disc on VH1 and it looked great.

Her name is Irene Jimenez, she worked as producer of MXI, Música por Inclusión, Canal 15 Universidad de Costa Rica. She says to say hi to Henry! Ciao, pura vida!! :lol: See, she taught me some Costa Rican...

I know the channel and the show but never see it, a friend of mine also works there but she produces the progressive rock program Debbie Martínez, I don't know if Irene knows her.

Just picked this up for 11.99 at BestBuy. Great Price! They also have the Led Zeppelin double DVD for 11.99 as well, in case anybody is interested. Can't wait to check them both out. I seen some of the Maiden disc on VH1 and it looked great.

SavaRon comes out of hiding!!!!
I found it interesting that the DVD was $13.99 @ FYE and the CD was $14.99 I picked them both up there and got a promo patch for this release...

ironmaidenpatch_199x158.jpg

If you analize the whole movie is made to sell a clean, nice intelligent look at Iron Maiden and heavy metal concerts. It's very clever in the way it transmit the message.
So the obtuse metalhead who wants everything to be tr00 kultit's gonna nag because the band is so angelical, but the parents (like maybe that guy in a tie) will see this and think maybe the music that my kids listening is not that bad a role model.
The movie took the time to show the famous incident when Chile forbided the band to play because of satanism accusations, and then they show finally we play in Chile, see we are normal, we are clean, we deliver fun and music.
The images of Japanese kid in the row, the guy with the drum stick crying in Colombia, the Brazilian priest which has made Maiden a cult, the Canadian girl sucking her finger, even the girl running with bare breasts for a second (in Colombia I think) were presented with style, to ensure a beuatiful view of the show and the band.

I think this movie besides the fact that most of the audiences are going to be metalheads who doesn't need to be convinced, is going to open mentalities to the genre to those outside who see it for whatever reason. I think Sam Dunn pick a great subject and the band knew he will deliver a great documentary (I doubt he could acomplished the same with Motley Crue, Tankard or Deicide :loco:).

Definitively a must see, a must have and a great idea by Maiden and Dunn, kudos to both for a job well done.

You're spot on, my friend! I've just finished viewing the DVD and I'm still picking up my jaw from the floor... Flawless in every aspect, a great road documentary. I find the footage from Costa Rica and Colombia really touching, it's hard to resist the tidal wave of sincere excitement... And the guy with the drumstick in Colombia, he was crying like a child after that show. But not just him, I've seen other people in the audience crying as well, must've been one hell of an emotional discharge... :headbang: