Maiden in Australia??

The_Prisoner

I died at Paschendale
Sep 30, 2002
The land of many crows...
Visit site
Hey guys, I found a thread on the IM BB that has some Aussie guys trying to make some noise with local promoters etc to get Maiden here.

I think it's a good idea, couldn't hurt anyway. They have listed 3 email addy's for the promoters.

mcpinfo@coppel.com.au (Michael Coppel Presents)

info@frontiertouring.com.au (The Frontier Touring Company)

michael@chuggentertainment.com (Michael Chugg Entertainment)

What do you reckon, worth a go?

Well I'll email 'em anyway!

Coppel might do it. He brought out Megadeth and Priest. The others won't, so don't even bother petitioning them. Be prepared for disappointment, however. Dickinson came out on a promo tour when "BNW" was released, making all sorts of promises about bringing the band to Australia, but, in the end, the money they were asking for was beyond what any promoter here was willing to pay. If we want Maiden to tour here, we don't need to petition promoters. We need to petition Maiden not to want so much to come here.

I don't know too much about that sort of thing, but I guess it would depend on the exchange rate. And even that would depend upon which currency Sanctuary would deal in -- American dollars, or British pounds sterling? The Aussie dollar is strong against the $US at the moment, but traditionally weak against STG, usually only 40 - 50p. Short answer: I don't know.

Goreripper said:
Coppel might do it. He brought out Megadeth and Priest. The others won't, so don't even bother petitioning them. Be prepared for disappointment, however. Dickinson came out on a promo tour when "BNW" was released, making all sorts of promises about bringing the band to Australia, but, in the end, the money they were asking for was beyond what any promoter here was willing to pay. If we want Maiden to tour here, we don't need to petition promoters. We need to petition Maiden not to want so much to come here.

How do you know that the other promoters wouldn't bring Maiden here?

Maiden in Australia??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

However, after consulting Clinton Baptiste, piskick to the stars, I can confirm that the next major tour that Maiden will undertake is planned for 2005 and will be a fairwell tour, with several shows in major cities in Australia are planned (except for Brisbane). It will be called the Give Me A Pension Till I'm Dead tour, and although all the band are scheduled for the tour, Nicko will be miming (very slowly).

Well, I hope that warms your cockles. :)

This will be followed by the re-re-released Best Of, "I Can't Believe You're Still Paying For This Shit", and the 3-disc, 20-minute DVD entitled "Rolling In Money And Giggling".

2006 looks to be a good year for Maiden, with Eddie - The Musical set to open in London's West End. Tickets will go on sale at all branches of Ticket Bastard in July, prices start at £125. Non FC members will pay a 50% surcharge. Purchasers of the first 500 tickets will receive an Eddie pen.