Maiden to headline Download

Im not surprised at the shitiness of bands.

compare that to wacken;

headliners: Saxon, Blind Guardian , Iced Earth

other bands: grave digger, in flames, rage, stratovarious, stormwarrior, sacred reich, cannibal corpse, VADER, napalm death

Added bonus; you get to watch 50000 metalheads try and get bullet for my valentine off the stage by using bottles of piss and camping chairs

I'd love to go to Wacken, but there's no chance I can afford it this year :(

Biff said Saxon would be playing Donnington, I'm waiting to see which day, and what other bands are on to decide if I go at all.

Hopefully Saxon will be on the main stage on Sunday when Maiden headline.That would be great.Announcement soon please.:kickass:

Yeah it would be nice if the Sunday was a day for classic rock type bands, Maiden, Saxon , AC/DC , Heaven and Hell

Although that ain't gonna happen! :lol:

Like many others, i was dissapointed with the headliners so far announced.(Apart from Maiden, obviously!) Just hope theres bands lower on the bill that make it interesting otherwise will only go for the Sunday.
I'm hoping for any/all : Heaven & Hell, Megadeth, Motley Crue, Machine Head, Twisted Sister.....& Saxon of course, to make the weekend worthwhile now.

I have to say Linkin Park are one of my guilty pleasures (you can't be stuck in the past all the time)i've booked a hotel anyway for download with a couple of mates.It will be a good weekend away anyway metal, beer, sunshine!(cough):headbang: :kickass: