Opeth at the Download Festival!

The lineup for this show is amongst the greatest I've ever seen.

Cheers to anyone who's able to attend this show.

Hopefully Opeth gets a decent amount of stage time.

Update for day ticketers (like me):
Opeth are playing on the 10th (from their site)
SYL are on the 9th with Tool (Bah)

Now I'm torn, as I saw the 'Peth in November, but SYL will undoubtedly tour their new album so there'll be more chances to see them. This is the Opeth forum so I'm going to say Opeth :)

Spending a day in a field full of sweaty leather-clad middle-aged beer-swilling drug-addicted losers and teenage faggots aspiring to those same lofty goals, NO THANKS.

^^^^ Very Funny ^^^^

I wondered what the conditions were like at this show. Now I know.

a fan of all-seated theatre venues there, especially, if its on a DVD? the only way you can avoid idiots in the crowd is not to go at any gigs at all. if it wasn't you who threw a smelly Manson t-shirt at Michael at London Forum show.
So Im definately pro-Download. Better than your annual Village Arts Festival I bet.

good because it will get opeth more exposure, considering they have considerably increased their fan base in the last year (in australia at least), but also bad because they will have a short set as it is a festival, and will prob only get to play 3-4 songs

they will get to play more i reckon, they played the donload festival before an only played that amount of songs. In all the magazines that reviewed the festival, Opeth were the only band to get a 5 star review for that day, even the headliners.

well i saw Opeth at Download in (i think) 2004 and they got a shit time, early in the morning, the sound system wasn't set up right as you could barely hear them (and i was near the front), the crowd seriously was not digging them and they only got 30 mins which is a maximum of three songs. it was ridiculous.

so personally i'd say that Download is a complete waste of time and i wouldn't waste the money just to see Opeth there again.

p.s. i fucking love Opeth and go see them every time they come to England, but not Download, no way.

opeth8 said:
The lineup for this show is amongst the greatest I've ever seen.

Cheers to anyone who's able to attend this show.

Hopefully Opeth gets a decent amount of stage time.

That does look like a pretty good lineup, too bad I dont live in Europe.