Maiden vs. Priest

Witchburner

Dec 16, 2005
Hey All,

New guy here. I like all types of metal especially power/traditional
and thrash. Favorites bands are Judas Priest, Iron Maiden,Black Sabbath,Megadeth,Slayer,old Metallica,Venom,Possessed,Celtic Frost,Death,Carcass,Trouble just to name a few.

thought I'd get a feel for what you like so I decided on this one.

For me both bands kick ass but:

Judas Priest (by a cunt hair):headbang:

Registering on a metal board and starting off by posting this topic is akin to holding a big sign above your head saying Beware: Escaped Chimpanzee, you know. Besides, anyone who isn't gay knows the answer is Priest.

The Timebird said:
Registering on a metal board and starting off by posting this topic is akin to holding a big sign above your head saying Beware: Escaped Chimpanzee, you know. Besides, anyone who isn't gay knows the answer is Priest.

Yeah!! you're probably right but I just wanted to make my first thread as
general as possible then gradually ease into it:D

The Timebird said:

I think you mean anyone who IS gay knows the answer is Priest, by the looks of Halford anyway... I don't want to insult Priests music though, because they're clearly a pretty talented band, however, they are homosexuals. I'm not really a fan of either, but i'd rather listen to Maiden.

Well, it depends.

Ripper Priest > Blaze Maiden
Rob Priest > Paul Maiden
Bruce Maiden = Rob Maiden

Actually, it's exactly like this:

70's Priest > Maiden

80's Priest < Maiden

Painkiller < DiAnno Maiden but not Bruce. ;)

And this thread needs an English word that's a little more effective than "redundant."

Ex-cally-boo said:
Ripper > Halford > Bruce > Blaze > Paul

In terms of vocal diversity and talent.

Halford in his prime could tear Ripper apart. But if your list is based on CURRENT standings....sure.

I don't know, I can't say that Halford ever had as strong a vocal performance as Owens does on HoaK.

misfit said:
does that mean you like new slayer, megadeth and sabbath? :loco:

anyway, I prefer Priest, but I think I'd rather see Maiden live. Both kick arse though.

actually I thought "God hates us all" and "Diabolus" sucked balls but
Megadeth's last one "The Systrem has failed" was ok. Compare them
to anything Metallica has put out since the black album their Godly.
As far as Sabbath goes they haven't released any new studio stuff
in about 10 years but I like it all. Of course Ozzy era owns me.