Maiden Webcast!

If he was a genius, each album he produces would have its own unique sound, unexplainable by anyone. As it stands, they tend to sound the same - why? Because he's a HACK!

You know I'm right :p

No! Not you too Sydo? :cry: You people make me sick! How dare you impugne (look it up!) the good reputation of Roy Z.

A man who has brought us so much joy over the years... Talk about bloody ungrateful.

Im going to count to 10 and if you people havent changed your mind about Roy im going to pout and complain like a 2 year old.

You have been warned.

Originally posted by spawn

Halford?
Brucey?
Dont like them? ;)

I LOVE them both. Problem is they sound identical except for the vocals. I was going to state that Mr Z was also a great song-writer, but had a rethink. Even the songs on the 2 Bruce and 1 Halford albums are the same. Same structure, riffs, sound.
(except for the fact Bruce can write great lyrics while Halford writes cheese. Crap cheese at that.)

Right! THATS IT!

*Spawny makes bizzare noises while he tries to pout like he has never pouted before!* :)

Oh, he is a GREAT songwriter too!

*Goes back to pouting*

I think Roy Z is great! He definately works a distinct sound, but I don't think everything he does sounds the same. I reckon he adds his sound to whatever he is working on. eg, the new Helloween has the Roy Z sound, but still has the Helloween power metal feel. New Halford has the Roy Z sound, but still has the balls of Judas Priest.

Well, IMO anyways.. :)

For the record, I like Roy Z. I actually do like his production work - but I don't want him anywhere near Maiden anymore than I want Steve Harris to produce again.

Hang on um is'nt Iced Earth , MAIDEN like not the other way round . sounds interesting about the new Album buy lets just wait and see. Oh has any one seen the maiden DVD on making of NOTB went looking for it everywhere last couple of days no barstard has got it so far in Canberra .

I've only heard the 2 albums Z has made with Bruce, but I agree that like a lot of producers, he has a signature sound that isn't for everyone. It suits Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding down to the ground IMHO, but it's also a formula that people could get fed up with very quickly.

A non-metal example of this is Phil Spector. EVERY song he wrote/produced sounded exactly the bloody same, to the point where they were all interchangable and it didn't matter which band was playing.

I wouldn't mind so much if he hadn't tried it with the Beatles. It's his fault entirely that the Let It Be album was such a mess. Those strings on The Long And Winding Road (a song that means a lot to me because I first heard it the morning after my granddad died) are completely superfluous :mad:.

W