Maidens Noob.....

spideyjg

Bass Gear Geek
Nov 14, 2005
Brand new here. I first heard of the Iron Maidens because Wanda plays G&L's. Someone on the G&LDP board mentioned them 6 months ago the date of the last San Diego gig and I missed out.

Having several G&L basses myself and an old time (high school in '82:yuk:) Maiden fan I was intrigued to hear one live.

Nothing I had seen or heard in the little clips prepared me for that energy you guys put on. :OMG: :headbang:
I had convinced my friend Ted to come along and he was also amazed.

We were hooked from the first song even though with all the 8 foot tall folks in front it was hard to see y'all sometimes.

The crowd was insane and eating the show up.
I got lots of pictures that I sent to Wanda for you guys to use if you so choose.

Got a shot of Aja singing with her neck veins she was belting it out so hard!:headbang: Great shots of Liz and Wanda as well.

Sorry Linda was out of camera range and many attempts to get Sarah were blocked but I got a couple of real metal moments on her. :) Although slightly out of focus there is a shot with Wanda and just the explosion of blond hair where Sarah is.

I can post some if you guys don't mind.

Suffice to say you ladies definitely won a couple old timers over who are now recruiting new fans with the CD. My wife may come next time but I know Blind Melons was too crazy for her. Was that the norm or an exception?

I'm bragging about you guys everywhere now and the review is simple DO NOT MISS THEM! The Dudepit members should be out in force to see y'all if you come to any town.

See y'all later! :wave:

Jim

Welcome to the boards and thanks for coming out, Jim! Yea, Blind Melons was pretty wild, huh? - but that's what makes a TIMs concert experience so much fun - Maiden fans are the most passionate audiences ever! It never fails to amaze and inspire us!

The stage there was kinda low, more so than most places we play - that's why I spent most of my time on the risers when I was singing - I like to see you guys ALL the way to the back of the room!! :headbang:

I think your wife would be comfortable in venues like Blue Cafe (in Long Beach 12/3) Paladino's (Reseda 12/16 - our special holiday show with Iron Maiden keyboardist Michael Kenney) or Cane's (SD 1/14). The audiences are still great and passionate but a lot less physical in the way they express it and they're bigger venues so there's more room to position yourself away from the occasional elbows and body tosses while still having a good sight line! ;)

Thanks for helping us continue to spread the Gospel of Maiden near and far!! :D

Very savvy of you to get on the risers Aja. At many points you were all I could see. Poor Linda I don't believe I saw her the whole show.
I'll definitley be there for the next show that comes around. Y'all made my week.
I posted a review and some pictures in the Dudepit G&L forum and Wanda is a hit. http://www.vintagebass.com/thedudepit/showthread.php?t=7406I think manyy "pitters" will turn out should you guys come nearby. Bass players all over the place are very interested to see y'all.

Here are some pictures. Most of which I got arms fully extended up....

Have you kissed you microphone today?
ironmaidens044.jpg

Belting it out!!!!
ironmaidens073.jpg

What a moment on Sarah! Captions anyone? :loco: :headbang:
ironmaidens023.jpg

Great one of Wanda, Liz and Aja.
ironmaidens060.jpg

I have a bunch more and sent them via yousendit to Wanda and Sarah.

There was no elbow room near the front believe me. When I was young I was tall but somwhere along the line sombody put Human Growth Hormone in the water or something. There were so many guys taller than me in the front and I am 6' 1"!

Kids today and their damn steroids. :loco:

Luckily most went over towards the left so I got better position to the right by Liz. There were a few other "metal moments" of Sara. None as classic at that. She nearly matches the :headbang:, if it were a blonde :)

Thanks for the welcome Linda. I sent you a PM to get the other pictures.

Jim

spideyjg said:
I have a bunch more and sent them via yousendit to Wanda and Sarah.

There was no elbow room near the front believe me. When I was young I was tall but somwhere along the line sombody put Human Growth Hormone in the water or something. There were so many guys taller than me in the front and I am 6' 1"!

Kids today and their damn steroids. :loco:

Luckily most went over towards the left so I got better position to the right by Liz. There were a few other "metal moments" of Sara. None as classic at that. She nearly matches the :headbang:, if it were a blonde :)

Thanks for the welcome Linda. I sent you a PM to get the other pictures.

Jim
This is my favourite Sara "metal moment", she was playing with Mistress Of Reality in this photo. It's just so rock n' roll!!!! :headbang: :worship:

Sara.jpg

Metallicat180 said:
This is my favourite Sara "metal moment", she was playing with Mistress Of Reality in this photo. It's just so rock n' roll!!!! :headbang: :worship:

Hey uh Metallicitty, aren't you playing like that now? I mean whipping your head around with drums while employing shredery..:headbang: You got the long fine hair, it should just flow with meter! Well Sara's is longer, but you could have as much fun as her if you watch her and learn. Should be easy for you to just get into the groove and move your upper body to the rhythm and your head to the drum beat, or something like that... Yep, Just ask her, and I bet she will agree that the fun is in the delivery!

RoboCaster said:
Hey uh Metallicitty, aren't you playing like that now? I mean whipping your head around with drums while employing shredery..:headbang: You got the long fine hair, it should just flow with meter! Well Sara's is longer, but you could have as much fun as her if you watch her and learn. Should be easy for you to just get into the groove and move your upper body to the rhythm and your head to the drum beat, or something like that... Yep, Just ask her, and I bet she will agree that the fun is in the delivery!

Yes, I do - all the time!!! But we're not talking about me! We're talking about Sara!!! :loco: ;) :headbang:

Be quick, Phantom, RTTH, HBTN, Trooper, Remember Tomorrow, Fear of the Dark, Somwhere in Time, Wasted, #of the Beast, I forget the rest at the moment.
When you are 41 you'll do it too. :yuk: :loco: ;)

Jim