MajestikMøøse's Reviews Thread

MajestikMøøse

Membrum virile
Jul 28, 2003
Not Siberia
I'm going to start posting links to the reviews I publish on Lunar Hypnosis in this thread for those that are interested. Of course, I encourage you all to check out the rest of the reviews written by the other writers there, as there is a large active staff, many of whom are very knowledgable.

Here's all what I've done so far: I will try to keep it updated.

Above The Ruins - Songs Of The Wolf
Älymystö - Atomgrad
Cold Fusion - Occupatria
Current 93 - At Sunset Black Ships Ate The Sky
Death In June - Behind The Mask DVD
Der Blutharsch - When Did Wonderland End?
H.E.R.R. - The Winter Of Constantinople
H.E.R.R. / Der Arbeiter / Storm Of Capricorn / Ghosts Of Breslau - Hopes Die In Winter
Head Control System - Murder Nature
Helrunar - Frostnacht
Kreuzweg Ost - Edelrost
Sol Invictus - The Killing Tide
Spiritual Front - Nihilist EP
Spiritual Front - No Kisses on the Mouth (7")
Temnozor - Folkstorm Of The Azure Nights
V/A - Wir Rufen Deine Wölfe
Waldteufel - Rauhnacht
Wolves In The Throne Room - Diadem Of 12 Stars

Book Reviews:

Irminsul by Varg Vikernes

feel free to dispute my reviews, make open discussion on the reviewed material, etc. :)

MajestikMøøse said:

Re: TEMNOZOR - I agree, this is a 7/10 album at best. I'd give it a 6/10. Cannot get past those vocals. Cleanly sung, 'heartfelt' emotive vocals are hard to digest when you can't understand a single word he's singing. Nothing against foreign language vocals, but not in this style for me.

Re: WALDTEUFEL - this and the previous release didn't bode well I see. Interesting...

I dispute JJM's review of Heimliches Deutschland. I'd give it about a seven or an eight rather than his two.

but yeah, Rauhnacht isn't really meant for the person who had never experienced Waldteufel before, and so I reviewed it accordingly. I actually like it, but I know that many people probably won't.

But hey, I think number ratings are rather pointless personally. I only put them on because JJM makes me.

haha I had stumbled upon this Temnozor review before but hadn't realized it was Møøse's doing. It almost prevented me from purchasing the album but then I read Erik's review of it which basically went "OMFG TEH PWNZ!!!1111!1!231eüß2ß0 10/10YUO BUTTSECKS???".

I'm not regretting my bucks for one second, brilliant record! :p

Ellestin said:
... I read Erik's review of it which basically went "OMFG TEH PWNZ!!!1111!1!231eüß2ß0 10/10YUO BUTTSECKS???".

buttsecks3ac.jpg

MajestikMøøse said:

Excellent review, especially the 3rd paragraph referring to the female vox.

However, in reference to: "[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Wolves In The Throne Room have frequently suffered comparisons to Weakling, which I don't entirely disagree with seeing that at first glance Wolves In The Throne Room have a similar droning, raw-ish black metal guitar sound and agonized raspy screaming"

I gotta say, the vocals on Weakling are mostly high pitched "howling" which to me are a turn off. As unoriginal as the vocals are on WitTR, I prefer the conventional black rasps for a release like this.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Dude, I like your reviews and all, but you gotta try and work on keeping the awkward language factor down! Example:

"Douglas P. who partakes in most of the interview from behind his ubiquitous mask, partakes in a rather haphazard and oddly conducted interview..."

Has Armageddon Gigolo actually been released yet? I keep seeing it mentioned as 2005, but no sign of it actually being sold.

Chromatose said:
Has Armageddon Gigolo actually been released yet? I keep seeing it mentioned as 2005, but no sign of it actually being sold.

how the hell do I miss posts like this?

nah, it's being released this year. This May if I'm not mistaken, on Trisol records.

NEW REVIEW: (omg)

Kreuzweg Ost - Edelrost (Military Pop with Summoning & Hollenthon members)

i heard a song from Kreuzwest Ost's Iron Avantgarde off a sampler a long time ago. it wasnt even music. some damn military samples and bullshit.

ill stick to summoning and hollenthon

25/05/2006 12.50.59 posted by: hellvis
new album out/live at wgt n next concerts
now it s confirmed that the release date of the new album ' Armageddon Gigolò' is currently scheduled as 23th june on Trisol records. (www.trisol.de)tracklist: slave,a bastard angel,i walk the (dead)line,the shining circle,my kingdom for a horse,jesus died in las vegas,cruising,love through vaseline,ragged bed,no kisses on the mouth,redemption or myself. this album features musicians from Ennio Morricone orchestra and Matt howden(sieben,sol invictus etc) recorded at the Herzog studio in Rome during 2005/2006.

It's the ultracock man.

JINGLES FOR CUMSHOTS!