Making a short documentary on how to start a metal band.

Wazzupguy

John Wood
May 27, 2007
Kings Lynn, Norfolk, England
Yes i am making a documentary on how to start a metal band, as i am a film maker.

I need some information from people in bands, and those wanting to start one. Just a few questions answered. If you could reply to this threat or even better message me your answers that would be great. Thanx.

John xxx

Keep it metal :headbang:

How old are you? (optional)

Are you in a band?

When you formed your band, would you have found it usefull to have a documentary about starting a band helpfull?

Would you have bought it on DVD?

How much would you have paid for it if the answer is yes to previous question?

Would you have bought a magazine if there was a tester of the DVD free with it?

If you liked what you saw, would you buy the full DVD?

Would you want extra's on the DVD?

If so, what extra's?

How old are you? (optional) 17

Are you in a band? Used to be, not anymore. I got replaced for the soul reason that some guy was 'cooler' :zombie:

When you formed your band, would you have found it usefull to have a documentary about starting a band helpfull?

Yeah most definatly, when we first came up with the idea we were kind of stuck with what we were supposed to do, (i.e we took it too seriously as if we had a record deal; writing an album and trying to get a gig for almost every night) but after a while we realised its mainly about having fun with some friends.

Yeah sure, considering the price of course.

As i'm always poor these days I'd say £6-8 not sure what that is in euros/dollars etc

Maybe depending totally on the magazine. Most 'metal' magazines are full of shit and they're really the only mags i'd consider buying. Although I suppose I have bought the odd guitarist mag in the past..

yeah, why not :)

Would you want extra's on the DVD? If so, what extra's?

Sure, maybe an incite on what people in bands do other then making music.

Hope I was helpful in some way.

How old are you? 25

Are you in a band?
Yes www.myspace.com/thrama

not really maybe on some asspects but finding the right elements
I think is the hardest part people you get along with people that can play the style everyones looking for people that can take critisism and feedback and use it and not get pissed about it

if it was entertaining

How much would you have paid for it if the answer is yes to previous question?$10

maybe

maybe again

who doesnt

If so, what extra's?whatever wasnt on the film

How old are you? (optional)

Are you in a band?

Yeah, two actually

On some things, yes

I might, but probably not before i saw some material of it.

€10 or something

Depends what mag, and price of the mag

Yeah

Yeah

If so, what extra's?

Some help with things like recording etc, or tips on gear or something

How old are you? (18)

Are you in a band? Two Bands

When you formed your band, would you have found it useful to have a documentary about starting a band helpful? Nope. It is all pretty much logic and hard work.

Would you have bought it on DVD? Nope, no need.

How much would you have paid for it if the answer is yes to previous question? If it was yes, I wouldn't spend more than a few $$ ( less than $10 ) because there isn't much to know about starting a band and getting gigs that isn't logical.

Would you have bought a magazine if there was a tester of the DVD free with it? Depends on the magazine.

If you liked what you saw, would you buy the full DVD? Depends on what was covered in the DVD.

Would you want extra's on the DVD? Extra's are always good as long as they are placed correctly and are useful and not there to waste space.