making a vocal booth on a budget

kernelxsanders

Bam Bam Boogie Bear!
Jun 11, 2010
Tallahassee, Fl
hello all. right now im in the process of my first recording project, being an EP for my band. and im in the process of converting my closet into a vocal booth. being about a 4'x6' room with a slant ceiling peaking about 7 1/2', it already has pretty dead sound so far, tight acoustics. and im looking for some tips and how-to's on how to make a decent booth without spending a whole lotta money because i am pretty much broke at the moment. right now the only mic i have is an e835 with a makeshift pop filter. i have yet to test out the sound, but i would love some advice on stuff i should add in there to ensure an acceptable sound quality. thanks for any and all help!

Build some bass traps, line the walls with them and you should be set. I did this with a hall closet once and the sound quality wasn't really much different from doing it in my control room. i prefer the control room because I'm standing right next to the vocalist and the acoustics in my control room are beastttt.

dandelium that looks great, although i would maybe worry about bass buildup with it on a condenser? If anyone has bought that please chime in, i def need something like that (current i just have a blanket behind a mic lol)