making awesoem riffs

I'm saving for something to record directly to my computer. I'm gonna be a fucking badass when i get that shit, cause I'll finally be able to do guitar interplay stuff that I can't really do alone.
And because I won't spend half my practice time trying to remember that awesome riff I came up with last night.

Hah, as am I. I have the money actually, I just don't have an amp as of recent so I've been screwed out of practice, and don't have the money to get another. I decided to go digital for the better home quality recording.

If the name didn't give it away the avatar certainly did.

I only started keeping track a little more than a year and a half ago, with 8+ years of composition possibilities gone because I never figured out to do this. Still, 200+ riffs is decent in a few year span. :F
I'm averaging about 200 tabs per year, right now.
Hah, as am I. I have the money actually, I just don't have an amp as of recent so I've been screwed out of practice, and don't have the money to get another. I decided to go digital for the better home quality recording.
My Spider III 15 W amp broke, but it was still under warranty, so I used the refund to buy a Roland Cube 20x. The Roland is about $75 more, but it was definitely worth it. It sounds INCREDIB

Good tips Ectacide! my drummer and I have lost some damn high potential bits and pieces during jams. Stuff that at times we could never find the way back to even during the same jam after it progressed into something else. I've had the same problem when "practicing" or in reality jaming alone. Just a few minutes go by during the progress and I just cant get the groove back I started with. Computer recording would take care of this but I just dont record every jam or practice session... for shame... for shame.

I still have most of the good stuff struck to memory.

when I jammed with a band we always played near recording equipment and anything decent was recorded. On the other hand, we never even came close to finishing a song, so...

yeah...Starving Time. It was a great name.
But yeah, never went anywhere. We almost finished one song, then realized it sucked.

We didn't actually finish it. I think the only thing we recorded was a track of a couple of riffs. I'll see if I still have it. It's just a bunch of riffs with a lot of dead space in between.
Hopefully my friend will email me the final version of my latest English project soon, though. It's an 8 and a half minute metal version of Hamlet, I.iv-v. Not very good, but the only thing I've actually finished. Otherwise, you can hear unfinished versions (no drums, bass, or vocals) of some of my stuff here: www.myspace.com/winterfellusa
This is actually my serious project and I intend this stuff to be good. I'll put it in my sig once I have some finished stuff.
EDIT: actually, the first song has drums, done by Grievor of the AA forum.