Making own impulses

its an open back and i only used the royer r121-the two clips were done separately. i was worried i didn't get a powerful enough signal, but didnt want to introduce any floor noise from the preamp. are there phasing problems or anything that should be done differently? i dont particularly like the cab, but did this quick test just to get everything set up. will try it with marshall 4x12 and voxac30

If it's an open back, then I think the impulse is ok!
About phasing, just take impulses using only one mic, and you don't have to worry about anything.

Thanks for sharing!

took some impulses of an AC30 with blue alnicos. Doubt it will really work for metal, but thought i might as well take some impulses while everyone was at lunch. hopefully will get to marshall 412 with greenbacks later...might have given the cat PTSD :loco:

all these 24bit 44.1, all with chandler tg2 and royer r121

took some impulses of an AC30 with blue alnicos. Doubt it will really work for metal, but thought i might as well take some impulses while everyone was at lunch. hopefully will get to marshall 412 with greenbacks later...might have given the cat PTSD :loco:

www.cherryhillrecording.com/zip/VoxAC.zip

You are god for this. :headbang:

Hopefully the videos helped?

ya dude, thanks for posting the link to the vids!

i dont have a deconvolver for Intel Mac Cubase 4 so I have no idea how these sound! Any use for the AC30 clips?

Andrew07, for an accurate cab IR, you don't need a 30 sek sweep. Go with 10, but even a shorter one will work. I use a 6 sec sweep when I do mine. Why people use a 30 sec sweep is to get a decent IR in a noisy environment, like churches, football stadiums and such.

www.cherryhillrecording.com/zip/VoxAC.zip

broken link! please re-upload...

thank you

if someone could deconvolve these, that would be awesome... i didn't know if the .wavs needed any cropping before deconvolving, but I could do that too...

I can't unzip the file for some reason. It says "the system cannot find the path specified"

I've unzipped thousands of files before and never had this problem...

I've managed to deconvolve some of them.
The problem is they are not synchronized, so one has to add silence in the beginning and the end of the sweep files and remove it later from the impulse response file. Which is a bit time consuming.
Overall the impulses sound quite bright.
I have nowhere to upload them though, so I can email them to someone who has and is interested.. Andrew07?