Making the most of a crap mixer

professorlamp

I are Joe
Nov 2, 2009
Wales, United Kingdom
The theory is that with my profire 2626 and my old behringer ubb1002 i can hook up the ubb1002 via some sort of connection on my profire to give me more inputs, would this work? I have 5 inputs on the behringer and I would be using these for triggers since the quality isn't massively important. I'm not too upto date on the technological side of things so any experienced comments would be welcome :D

You would need some sort of Analog to Digital converter to hook up the additional 5 channels on the mixer. If you were doing that you'd probably be better off just buying a cheap 8 Channel pre with ADAT connectivity. Presonus makes a handful of affordable contenders. Behringer has the ADA8000 which would give you 8 more mic pres and 8 line outs. The pres on it don't sound too good, but since it's just for triggers who cares.

You would need some sort of Analog to Digital converter to hook up the additional 5 channels on the mixer. If you were doing that you'd probably be better off just buying a cheap 8 Channel pre with ADAT connectivity. Presonus makes a handful of affordable contenders. Behringer has the ADA8000 which would give you 8 more mic pres and 8 line outs. The pres on it don't sound too good, but since it's just for triggers who cares.

You could use the insert points on the mixer to send to line inputs of the Profire. You insert a TRS cable halfway so it only sends signal and doesn't return it.

So: TRS cable to insert of channel-->line input on profire, that should work I don't know why it wouldn't

EDIT: I just looked at a high res pic of the mixer and only 2 of the channels have insert points. There are 4 sends from the mixer however. You could use the insert point trick on the first two channels, then you could send one channel to the left main output (just pan the channel 100% left), one channel to the right main output (pan 100% right), one channel to the fx send, and one channel to the MONS send. Then you would have 6 total extra channels. That's really ghetto rigged, but if you only need 6 channels it should do you ok for now.

You could use the insert points on the mixer to send to line inputs of the Profire. You insert a TRS cable halfway so it only sends signal and doesn't return it.

So: TRS cable to insert of channel-->line input on profire, that should work I don't know why it wouldn't

EDIT: I just looked at a high res pic of the mixer and only 2 of the channels have insert points. There are 4 sends from the mixer however. You could use the insert point trick on the first two channels, then you could send one channel to the left main output (just pan the channel 100% left), one channel to the right main output (pan 100% right), one channel to the fx send, and one channel to the MONS send. Then you would have 6 total extra channels. That's really ghetto rigged, but if you only need 6 channels it should do you ok for now.
Thats not going to give him any more inputs though. He'd just be replacing his half decent profire pre's with shitty behringer pre's.

Thats not going to give him any more inputs though. He'd just be replacing his half decent profire pre's with shitty behringer pre's.

I thought there were 8 line inputs on the back of the profire in addition to the 8 preamps

EDIT: nevermind I'm 100% wrong, hahaha, those would be outputs... hurrr

I'm looking into buying a Profire so how do you get to 26 inputs? Another 16 pres through ADAT and then 2 through SPDIF?