malaysian flight crash

There is an Australian family who lost two members in this crah. The thing is, they lost two members in the previous Malaysian flight. Talk about unlucky

Nope, another one. Just really terrible luck on Malaysian Airlines' part, unfortunately.

BTW, Eastern Ukraine is not really considered a "war zone" per se, which is precisely why there were flights going through it. It looks like pro-Russian paramilitary groups launched a Buk surface-to-air missile after mistaking it for a military aircraft, which is insanely stupid.

I don't understand why it is not declared as a war zone ? There is a front, and fighter planes being shot daily over there, I was amazed to read about this an hour ago, and that in such a context flights are still operated over the country !

Not to derail the thread but how do you guys know if there are "fighter planes being shot daily"?
I don't think anybody but the actual participants can know what's happening for sure. All I can say for a fact (having family and friends in Ukraine to prove it) is that since the whole thing started there has been an immence number of fake news from both russian and ukrainian federal media.
I guess it's the same all around the world - goverments treat people like stupid shit and generally some of them want to start a profitable war. Let's at least try to be objective and not feed the flames saying stuff like "fucking russians".

Not to derail the thread but how do you guys know if there are "fighter planes being shot daily"?
I don't think anybody but the actual participants can know what's happening for sure. All I can say for a fact (having family and friends in Ukraine to prove it) is that since the whole thing started there has been an immence number of fake news from both russian and ukrainian federal media.
I guess it's the same all around the world - goverments treat people like stupid shit and generally some of them want to start a profitable war. Let's at least try to be objective and not feed the flames saying stuff like "fucking russians".

To be fair, it's in the news outside of both Russia and Ukraine. But obviously there's no need to say bigoted nonsense. The whole country isn't responsible for what its leaders do or fail to do.

I know that MH17 was in the news everywhere. I was talking about the whole war zone and fighter planes being shot daily. I don't have any info on military aircraft, especially air to air fighter planes being used by any side. It just seems like people seem to sincerely believe their usual news source by default be it federal news channel or favourite blog and then passionately parrot stuff online and in a way help the hostility and segregation spread.
I've had several conversations with guys from Ukraine who never took part or have seen the events but instantly went into all caps rage when asked if their position was objective.
Hell, my mother-in-law told me that when she arrived to her family in Ukraine recently, first words she heard from her mother were not "hello" but "_we_ will take it back from _you_!".
That's fucked up and scary. As are young girls bragging online about making molotovs to burn people in Odessa alive.
I'm not trying to defend any side because in my opinion there can be no righteousness in hostility and violence. I just hope people will not swallow the hook and vouch for another war.

I am quite tolerant and very very calm person but after reading only the first paragraph I feel a huge need to beat the hell of the writer. I gonna think to myself that this was some kind of sick parody!

Let's not feel bad for other human beings? well that makes my end of the social contract I share with everyone I know A LOT easier.

also, "Rick Santorum, God’s choice for president in 2016."

I didn't know God concerned himself with petty things like American elections with that entire ever expanding universe thing going on...

Let's not feel bad for other human beings? well that makes my end of the social contract I share with everyone I know A LOT easier.

also, "Rick Santorum, God’s choice for president in 2016."

I didn't know God concerned himself with petty things like American elections with that entire ever expanding universe thing going on...

Yeah some of us Americans are dumb as shit and the new crop of redneck reality tv shows are trying to prove it everyday.

Yeah some of us Americans are dumb as shit and the new crop of redneck reality tv shows are trying to prove it everyday.

I moved to a very conservative are of California from Chile (were legitimate CIA involvement created a funny little crisis years back) and dealing with duck dynasty-loving "libertarians" with an all too shady intake of bias information has become my personal sport :loco:

+1

There's a lot misinformation and propaganda going on - on all sides.
Imho the most important thing we (=the regular people) can do is stay calm and make 100% sure to our authorities that we will NOT support war.
It's been 100 years since WW I and it seems like some people still haven't learned anything from the past.

I think the explanation is simpler : some people have been looting corpses, it's more or less chaos down there and some people have been reporting traces of looting, they can't find any cash in some people's wallet, and it is apparently obvious some thing have been touched by someone else before (because they are placed on the ground in an organized way) and so on. The fact everything has gone down in a 10 miles zone makes it easy for local dickheads to find a few corpses to loot a few dollars. The worst is of course when some papers are missing which doesn't help identifying victims.