Malice/Stone Fury

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
The mighty GREENO sent me a couple discs a while back from MALICE (license to kill) and STONE FURY (burns like a star). What great stuff. I was listening to them today and they ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuule. Who else likes these two bands????
Thanks again, Greeno.
ted

Oh yeah, Malice is very good, also their first "In the beginning.." is a great record. I think their guitarist now plays with Metal Church !

tedvanfrehley said:
The mighty GREENO sent me a couple discs a while back from MALICE (license to kill) and STONE FURY (burns like a star). What great stuff. I was listening to them today and they ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuule. Who else likes these two bands????
Thanks again, Greeno.
ted

Any time Ted, glad you dig them. The guitar player on that Stone Fury album is Doug Aldrich, the guy who was with Dio on the "Killing the Dragon" album.

Malice is one of my favorite bands. In the Beginning was awesome but License to Kill is just a friggin amazing album. Not in a Symphony X "WOW" kind of way but just an overall "GREAT" album. Songwriting, vocals, melodies, guitars, rhythm section, solos...just a perfect package in my opinion. When I moved from cassette to CDs that was the album on top of my list to make sure I had on CD. Luckily I found the double disc with both albums on it! Stone Fury was pretty cool too, but anyone that doesn't own Malice...get it! Oh and the EP was cool as well, Captive of Light!

HERE HERE, Ted! Those two albums are both part of my A-list classic 80's collection. Unfortunately, I only have them on cassette, so I can only listen to them in my truck. Coincidentally though, I have listened to both of those albums in the past month. The Stone Fury is done worn out (it was a shitty MCA cassette to start with) but my Malice was recorded from an LP and it still sounds fantastic.

Someday I'll get both those on cd, or at least digital so I can listen to them at home on my computer. Replacing a 300-cassette collection on cd is a very timely and expensive venture.

MetalAges said:
Oh and the EP was cool as well, Captive of Light!

I haven't seen the EP, but Captive of Light was the first Malice song I heard, on the original Metal Massacre compilation back in '82. Malice was the only band on MM1 that had two songs, the other was called Kick You Down. Is that on the EP as well?

Greeno said:
The guitar player on that Stone Fury album is Doug Aldrich, the guy who was with Dio on the "Killing the Dragon" album.

Ooops! I was half asleep when I posted that... Aldrich was of course in Lion.... Lenny Wolf was in Stone Fury, later he was the singer of Kingdom Come.

sixxswine said:
And I think Randy Castillo is on that Stone Fury record, if I recall...

No, some dude named Jody Cortez. Castillo was on the first couple Lita Ford albums though.

tedvanfrehley said:
Thanks again, Greeno.
ted

Stone Fury's second "Let Them Talk" is quite cheesy........ :loco: