Mammatus - The Coast Explodes

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
coastexplodes_zpsf923a092.jpg

Surprised there wasn't a thread on this album. I figured more people knew it, but perhaps not! Quite possibly my #1 album from the last decade. Also the only stoner rock album I consider a complete masterpiece. Oh sure, things like Sky Valley, Dopethrone, NOLA, and Periscope all came before it, but damn if this isn't the best one. Well, maybe. It deserves a spot on that Top 5 List either way.

You can listen to a few songs on YouBoob but I don't recommend that. This is an album in the truest sense of the word, and it demands undivided attention. I recommend volume and a warm environment. By the time the massive ending hits I'm nearly vibrating. It's that fucking good, and you should experience it.

And now you can! Download it all here:

http://www.boogeresque.com/TheCoastExplodes.zip

yeah it's a record for the ages, I'd just like to drop Flower Travellin' Band, an awesome Japanese band from the 70's, who can certainly be described as Mammatus' forerunners

Last edited by a moderator:
Only two that I know of. They need more. But honestly, I would probably get bootlegs from these dudes and be pretty happy, if they were available.

I will scope out said Flower Travellin' Band later today!

i have a few more live recorded demo type things will all different songs, but yeh they only have 2 official albums. its about damn time for another one.

haha earthless has a kickass jam called flower travelin' man, i think there might be some influence there.

After one listen this is pretty good. Will need further listens to determine just how good.

I gave it a couple whirls, but have yet to become wowed by it. I attest this to manner of consumption, rather than any deficiency in the material. I need to pop this in the hoopdie for a few commutes. Stay tuned lads.

If you're heading to any unoccupied beaches as the weather warms... this will complete the package.

It took a bit to click in for me. FWIW the USDA officially certifies this album as 100% organic.

Fuck yes! :kickass:

Been waiting for that news for years. Who says life isn't exciting anymore? People who don't listen to Mammatus, that's who.

Sweet, thanks. I'm only downloading because I already paid for, and am awaiting, the vinyl to arrive in my mailbox.