man what the FUCK is wrong with people

the problem is that there's an extreme shortage of childcare workers, so actual good ones are hard to come by. and they'll hire most anyone b/c they need people to do the work. and they don't pay well, so the turnover is HUGE. some of the stories my missus tells me about her coworkers at the preschool are REALLY frightening.

stuwri14.gif

the bus driver's name was ernie and one kid used to call him BERT which he hated (i think it was the same kid who locked the doors)

and now i'm wondering if he raped that kid in revenge

avi said:
the problem is that there's an extreme shortage of childcare workers, so actual good ones are hard to come by. and they'll hire most anyone b/c they need people to do the work. and they don't pay well, so the turnover is HUGE. some of the stories my missus tells me about her coworkers at the preschool are REALLY frightening.
that's true. in our personnel office in IL, we were constantly having to fill those positions, and the pay was pretty crappy for the level of responsibility.

i mean, if you are saying it's a question of 'moral responsibility' like, since they were not CONSCIOUS of leaving the kid there, they weren't responsible for the death? i cannot really agree with that wholeheartedly. but i am not sure of yr angle.
and avi is right. daycare workers, on average, in nyc, make $6.00 per hour. NICE.

most states don't even have much in the way of standards for issuing daycare center licenses/teacher pre-reqs

my woman is lucky - she works at a preschool that's actually union and is paid fairly reasonably.

searching for an explanation, not an excuse, i guess. i don't think this sort of situation deserves a tenth of the vitriol that the hair-and-nails woman did, and while i actually hated her for her staggering fucking stupidity, i just feel really sorry for the person in this case.

i feel bad for them i an abstract sense. but i feel even worse for the fact that they were so self centered they still took a job they couldnt handle at the expense of a life.

why is there even a situation in which a daycare worker would be responsible for getting kids out of an SUV? what, do they run a bus service as well for parents too lazy to even care enough for their kid to want to drop them off at the daycare?
"I don't have time for my kid so I need someone else to come get them from me" = CRAP.