Man,

nerd = science/math
geek = scifi/computers
dork = rpg/renfaire

Oh no... I'm all of those things, what does that make me?

Oh and I also watch Dawson's Creek, The O.C., I love romantic comedies, and read trashy Nora Roberts books...

(Back on topic, I'm taking your advice and tivoing the show)

Hey Karen, any word on a DVD release of Dexter? I dont have teh showtime but really wanted to see that show based on the radio commercials i heard for it.

Ah. Showtime, which I don't possess. I'm sure I'll be able to rent it.

That is a very twisted premise. His father molded the psyche of his twisted son to go for people that "deserve it". Wow. So I take it they are using the premise of nature vs nurture for what cause his tendencies then? "my son looks to become a serial killer, oh noes, how could I have created this and how can I fix him? I know! Let's make sure he only kills people that deserve it!" vs "my son looks to become a serial killer, on noes, genetics suck. Let's try to control the freak for good instead of evil".

I'm sure it makes for great drama but it's a really fuckt premise if you think about it.

It's not his son. He found baby Dexter in a cargo crate along with his headless, hacked up mother in a puddle of blood; he (Dexter) was in there for two entire days.

Officer Harry Morgan was first to the scene and he adopted Dexter, because he thought he could bring him around. When he realized what Dexter had in him, he taught him a code -- The Code Of Harry.

Actually, the Showtime TV series is based off of the novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter, by Jeff Lindsay.

It's not his son. He found baby Dexter in a cargo crate along with his headless, hacked up mother in a puddle of blood; he (Dexter) was in there for two entire days.

Officer Harry Morgan was first to the scene and he adopted Dexter, because he thought he could bring him around. When he realized what Dexter had in him, he taught him a code -- The Code Of Harry.

Actually, the Showtime TV series is based off of the novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter, by Jeff Lindsay.

Yeah... the code of Harry.
He taught him to kill people who got away with their crime because of the fucked up law system. So Dexter has a need to kill, kills only those who society can live without.
Harry recognized the sriel killer in Dexter, and as a cop: he knew that those poeple either end up in a mental institute for the rest of their lives, or most likely kill: It's uncurable.
Jen: you'd love it: make sure to rent it!

Mike: The season just ended, my guess the dvd will be released in March