Manchester gig - anyone going?

Caveman Ninja

It's a carnival... of monsters!
Sep 11, 2008
Dolph Lundgren's Secret Island
I decided to go to the upcoming Manchester gig because it will make me feel young again and I haven't seen them in 7 and a half years which makes me very sad. It's also my birthday weekend. I'm flying in from Southampton then flying home to Aberdeen the next day and it's costing me a few hundred quid but I really wanted to see them again.

Only thing is... I'm going on my own! Anyone else going? Anyone live around Manchester? Would be wicked if I don't have to spend my birthday and the gig all by myself!

Sadly I left it too late and it sold out. I wanted to go for some of the same reasons...

Would've been cool to join you as I would've been on my own as well... but alas, no!

Well, I'll be attending. Got myself both the plane and concert ticket, so up until the actual show i'm probably gonna be tourist shit until then.

Podgie, if people are selling their ticket I hope you can grab yourself one.

Podgie, if people are selling their ticket I hope you can grab yourself one.

This haha

Seriously, probably jumping the gun here a little bit since God knows when this is actually going to happen but... please, if anyone knows anyone who is selling their ticket please let me know. Cheers!

Seriously, probably jumping the gun here a little bit since God knows when this is actually going to happen but... please, if anyone knows anyone who is selling their ticket please let me know. Cheers!

Are you able to check with the retailer? I refunded mine, so you may be able to grab it from there.

Good call. I might try and drop them an email at some point...

EDIT: emailed the venue... I know everything's kind of up in the air at the moment regarding live shows but lets see what they say!

Last edited:
So! Looks like I've managed to find myself a ticket for this thanks to someone who can't make it being kind enough to pass on theirs.

Can't wait!

@Caveman Ninja Joe, you still going??

Last edited:
Alright boys, here's my little run down of the evening. I would've liked to get some photos and stuff for you but I ended up getting so carried away in the moment I didn't even think to take my phone out.

It was a packed venue, and after a solid opening set from Shrapnel Evile (fronted by Matt) took the stage and went straight into Enter the Grave (which was performed in reverse order), starting with Armoured Assault. The whole band sounded great, with Matt seemingly showing no signs of rust. Got quite emotional at points, with Matt giving a couple of speeches regarding his departure and giving tribute to Mike. We Who Are About to Die and Killer from the Deep being my two favourite cuts from ETG marked a point in the show when the reality of it being the last time I'd see Matt perform dawned on me - and I got a little emotional :lol: I was just so happy I got to witness it. At this point I've gotta mention Ben, he sounded MASSIVE, especially during Killer from the Deep. Just before Thrasher Matt said how he's going to miss doing this, and this will be the last time he gets to do "this" ...playing the intro riff with a massive smile on his face... really good performance and a fitting tribute to Mike and the legacy of their debut album.

After ETG they left the stage and returned with Adam on guitar and Ol took over on vocals as the "new" lineup performed an encore set. The few new songs sounded great. Head of the Demon was the highlight of the encore for me though, as I found myself close to the front (backpack and everything haha). Closing with Infected Nation was quite a nice surprise. On the whole a great show and well worth making the trip up from London after a days work and then back the same night...

Here's the full set list

Armoured Assault
Bathe in Blood
Schizophrenia
We Who Are About to Die
Killer from the Deep
Burned Alive
Man Against Machine
First Blood
Thrasher
Enter the Grave

Encore

Hell Unleashed
In Memoriam
Head Of The Demon
Gore
The Thing (1982)
Creeping Death
Cult
Infected Nation

That sounds incredible. Wish I could've been there. :(

Playing Enter the Grave in reverse order is kinda awesome. Glad Matt got to go out on a high note. The new lineup set looks great, too! (Even though the new album isn't my favorite)

So glad you you had a good time, Podgie!!