anyone going to DT's gig in LONDON at 18/11?

Wanderingblade & TheMindzI:

actually i've never been to that venue before, so I cant suggest any point to meet, maybe we could meet just outside the main door of the venue???

mousewings:

maybe... i am you mother's friend's son? :rolleyes: if it is so, not surprise.. the world is too small :cool:

Arch:

i hope i can speak mandarin too, but sadly i cant speak any at all.

Originally posted by |ngenius
Hi, I'm |ngenius and unfortunately I'm not going to London to see the DT gig.
|ngenius.

oh.. nevermind, nice meeting you here anyway. will report to you guys after we back from the show.. :cool: :D

i just cant wait..it's my first time to go see DT live :headbang:

Basically I hate speaking English and that's the main reason I wouldn't really enjoy meeting anyone :p
Apart from that.. I went alone to my first gig in London.. and I'd never been to London before... and it was great.. worry not.. We'll meet up there anw :)

Originally posted by coldhen

mousewings:

maybe... i am you mother's friend's son? :rolleyes: if it is so, not surprise.. the world is too small :cool:
That would be quite... weird, but probably not likely. :)

I could speak it, but not write it.
Same with my writing in Cantonese (that's Hong Kong's language me thinks). I can speak it kind of okay... but not write it.
Originally posted by Wanderingblade

Only when I'm talking to you or other equally good looking female :p
Yes, and when you're talking to D_J. :p Besides, I'm not good looking, I'm a creepy vampire bat... :p

For anyone who is meeting other board members, check out the picture page (or each other's websites) to find out what the other people look like.

Originally posted by veil the sky

no really good places to meet around highbury because north london is a shit-hole :D nevermind eh

A-fucking-men.
Anyone got a good idea of where to meet in the venue?

And mousewings, thats just Ben, hes weird, and stop knocking yourself down :p

Originally posted by Wanderingblade

And mousewings, thats just Ben, hes weird, and stop knocking yourself down :p
Who is Ben? :confused: j/k (I know who that is). How do you know if that's even my real picture, I could be a hideous vampire bat for all everyone knows. :p Okay, I'll stop doing that since you are our leader. :p

<---low on sugar.

Cool, a DT fan from Hong Kong! I've been wondering about the metal scene over there - if such a thing exists. While I know of some Chinese bands I've never heard of a group from Hong Kong.
Do you have local 'zines? Can you get semi-obscure stuff in record shops or do you have to rely on imports? Any foreign bands coming there to tour?
Any and all input would be appreciated.

Originally posted by mousewings
Who is Ben? :confused: j/k (I know who that is). How do you know if that's even my real picture, I could be a hideous vampire bat for all everyone knows. :p Okay, I'll stop doing that since you are our leader. :p

<---low on sugar.

what picture :confused:

i wanna see!!!

(anyway, vampire bats ARE sexy)

Originally posted by veil the sky
what picture :confused:

i wanna see!!!

on the rules thread there's a link to the webpage hosting pictures of many regulars and some non-regulars here. you might also want to follow the instructions to add yours to the list. :)

rahvin.

veil the sky:

should we suggest just meet outside at the venue?

TheMindzI:

yeah, i think you could easily recognize me that day :D

mousewings:

cool, looking for a pic to post to there...

Hywel ¡M robin :

cool, if you could also meet up with us (maybe me only? :rolleyes: ) that will be great!

Originally posted by Onde Erik
Cool, a DT fan from Hong Kong!

yeah! it exists, but just not huge, pretty small scene, but getter bigger now. we dun got many stuff abt the metal much, even in HMV or whatsoever the big record store will not have a METAL SECTION for us to buy cd..

however, we got one small cd store, which import loads and so we could get hold of some of the cd, check it out there, www.trinityrecords.com.hk (this is not a advert :D) they are store which we METAL ppl go a lot and hang around there meet up ppl and buying all those metal stuff..

foreign band? haha none at all really.. we got GUN n ROSES, Cranberries and No Doubt came last summer holiday. but real METAL BAND? none! so bad... but TRINITY RECORD is trying to get hold of some ASIA and some smaller Euporean band to come along hk, that's our only hope..

yeah! it exists, but just not huge, pretty small scene, but getter bigger now.
Good to hear. The store you mentioned appears to have some cool titles and I'm seriously thinking of ordering some stuff in the future, especially after reading about the band Blackwine:
"This band is the closest thing to Dream Theatre and is one of the first of it's kind from Hong Kong

The Album is a concept album and sung in Cantonese."

Dream Theater in Cantonese! Sounds like it could be awesome.

Thanks for the offer coldhen but I'm going with a mate already. You'll probably see us in there as I've heard it's a pretty small venue (500 capacity). We're easy to spot - I have a mini afro (2 inches tall, 4 inches long :p - don't take the piss, it was meant to grow down lol) and he has spiky hair, which he is apparently going to dye blue. We're 15 so probably going to be about the youngest there. Anyway, enough with the descriptions.

Does anyone know who is going to be supporting other than Sinergy? I read somewhere there would be DT, Sinergy + 2 others...

I think they said in the chat there won't be a fourth band.

Edit: But i'm not sure at all.

yeah, it is a good shop where you can order load of cds!

hell yeah! BLACKWINE is cool! damn sure they cant compare to Dream Theatre at all, but the progress and sound they produce is a unique type in HongKong. If you could, order that album, and i hope you will enjoy it!

Originally posted by Onde Erik
Dream Theater in Cantonese! Sounds like it could be awesome.