Mandatory Now Playing

Mastodon - Train Assault

Short sample on [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Jonah-Hex-Music-Motion-Picture/dp/B003TXVLZ8[/ame].

Fucking awesome, can't wait to hear the rest tomorrow.

If you read the note, heactually mentions that Nobuo Uematsu was an influence on that so it's to be expected. Class fucking stuffthough.

Annihilator - Don't Bother Me

Does he? I didn't read the note, I just clicked the little play button :lol:

Blind Guardian - Captured..... Blood Tears

JUDAAAAAAAS IS RIIIIIIIIISING.

God I want Priest to tour again soon...

:C

Not likely for a few years unfortunately. Halford is doing an American tour soon and releasing a new album. Hopefully that means a tour over here aswell but time will tell. Do you like the Halford and Fight stuff?

Also are you going to see Ihsahn in London in August? I'd love to go but I'm not sure I can get the time off work as the boss goes away the day he's playing.

Not likely for a few years unfortunately. Halford is doing an American tour soon and releasing a new album. Hopefully that means a tour over here aswell but time will tell. Do you like the Halford and Fight stuff?

Also are you going to see Ihsahn in London in August? I'd love to go but I'm not sure I can get the time off work as the boss goes away the day he's playing.

I'm heavily considering it after his nearly flawless performance at Hellfest. If I'm down in York before Bloodstock & I can find somewhere to crash in London then I will definitely head through for it.

& I've never listened to any of Halford's stuff really. Any good / anything you would recommend?

On Topic.

Currently listening to 'Beautiful' by Eminem, I have really fallen in love with his music again.

'So don't let them say you ain't beautiful, they can all get fucked just stay true to you

Lately I've been hard to reach, I've been too long on my own
Everybody has their private world where they can be alone

Are you calling me? Are you trying to get through?'

Are you reaching out for me? I'm reaching out for you'

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm heavily considering it after his nearly flawless performance at Hellfest. If I'm down in York before Bloodstock & I can find somewhere to crash in London then I will definitely head through for it.

& I've never listened to any of Halford's stuff really. Any good / anything you would recommend?

Yeah both bands are great. Fight is kinda Pantera style groove metal. They did two albums, War Of Words and A Small Deadly Space, and an EP, Mutations, of Live and Remixes.

Halford is more straight up heavy metal. If you love '80s Priest, you will like Resurrection, Crucible is a good bit heavier and aggressive. Winter Songs is good for something different to listen to, its a bit easier listening but isn't really an essential.

All of the Fight and first two Halford albums and Live Insurrection have been remixed and remastered aswell but if you haven't heard any of them then I would look for the originals.

There is also Two (2wo) which may be to your liking. One album, Voyeurs, has John 5 on guitar and was produced by Trent Reznor.