Sepultura

Covet Chaos

Weedian
Jul 23, 2007
St.Helens
www.myspace.com
They deserve their own thread because they are that cool. Best album is Beneath the Remains because of.......all the songs on it, especially Mass Hippy Noses and Inner Self.

I saw Sep not too long ago with Derrick, there must have been about 200 people there, but it fucking ruled. They played a lot of old stuff and they did it very well.

After Max left they went shit, but with this newer one, they made me happy again. And i love Chaos AD too because its still quite thrashy. METAL!

What does everybody think of Sep from back then and now?

Sepultura was the best with Max at the front. Arise to Roots freakin own.

Derrick is a pretty good singer, and no one would really give him a fair shake, But I'd rather hear him doing more thrashier stuff (his cover of piranha from exodus, proves he could pull it off)

I like Sepultura from Schizofrenia 'til Chaos A.D. I don't really know what would be my favorite album, though. Schizo sounds very raw, which is good, and I find Igor to be a very good drummer on that album. Beneath the Remains has very good solo's, where Arise has better drummings. Chaos A.D. is a very good album, though slower than the previous albums, but I still like it. (It was the first Sepultura album I ever bought.) Roots sucks in my opinion.

Concerning Derrick: I don't know every album made by Derricktura, but he has some good tracks like Apes of God, Come Back Alive, etc. The Dante XX album sounds very good, although Igor didn't play the drums very well.

Still waiting for Max to give up Soulfly and get back to the old Sepultura.:kickass:

This is THE greatest thing since sliced bread. Thats their best performance ever. I love the Under Siege video. My friend has the orgional video of it instead of that new DVD thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love schizophrenia, beneath the remains and arise. All classics to me, the under seige video is brilliant, i really wish i could have seen them play that kinda set in their prime with max. I've never liked any of the records with derrick, however i have seen them live with him twice and i have to say they were very good.

Sep are amazing live, they are really tight. Did you see them at the Manchester show earlier on this year at the academy? I was there on the barrier through the whole thing, well most of it because i went into thepit durig Inner Self.