Mandatory Now Playing

fixed

well, i like some songs off of A Thousand Suns bur NOT because it sounds so Linkin Park.

I think they can better quit... imagine an LP concert nowadays... One Step Closer and one of the garbage songs off of A Thousand Suns played in ONE night,.. that doesn't match

still haven't seen them live, even though they were my favorite band, but i don't think that i want to see them anymore, i don't want to go to a concert where i see people dancing on linkin park *coughTheCatalystcough*

Thank you! You're the only other person I know that thinks The Catalyst is a dance song. :lol: And maybe you can pretend that A Thousand Suns is the debut album from a band of the same name and that its not Linkin Park, that way you'd enjoy it more! :lol:

I saw LP live back in 08, and while it was an amazing show, Chester's voice had lost its oomph. If you listen to Live in Texas (where his voice is amazing) and then listen to some newer live songs, you'll see that instead of screaming like he did back then, he'd rather just whine now. Such a shame.

Ihsahn - On the Shores

Just listened to two of their songs Dave.... Not really feeling it. Too many blast beats for my taste.

Judas Priest - Night Crawler

*cough cough*

:lol:
I don't knnow why, but when a song has "too many" blast beats, it annoys me. Now, one or two blastbeat sections is okay..... I guess, but when they start using blastbeats ALOT..... Thats when I get annoyed. *shrug* I'm weird I guess.

Just listened to "Transmogrified" by Solstice and "Idolatry" by Devastation. Both of which were BADASS. Lets hope Amazon has cheap copies of those albums..... I doubt it but still.

You can try - you might get lucky and find a copy for $20 - $30, but that's the cheapest you can expect it. Try their other albums "Pray" (1995) and "To Dust" (2009) as well, Solstice are a fucking class act.

Used - Like New
$18.99

All the rest are in "Acceptable" condition and are like $40+ ..............

God dammit. *add to cart*

Also, I just remembered - you realise that Alex Marquez and Rob Barrett from Solstice played with Malevolent for a bunch of albums right? Namely Retribution above all, since that's possibly their best release. Yeah, you can take that to the bank. On the topic of Solstice, Derek and Steve from Demolition Hammer co-wrote the final track from Pray, 'Eyes See Red' with Steve doing additional vocals on it. If that isn't an incentive to buy it then nothing is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! You're the only other person I know that thinks The Catalyst is a dance song. :lol: And maybe you can pretend that A Thousand Suns is the debut album from a band of the same name and that its not Linkin Park, that way you'd enjoy it more! :lol:

I saw LP live back in 08, and while it was an amazing show, Chester's voice had lost its oomph. If you listen to Live in Texas (where his voice is amazing) and then listen to some newer live songs, you'll see that instead of screaming like he did back then, he'd rather just whine now. Such a shame.

haha, all i could do was cry when that dancing part came in after : WHHEEERE OCEANS BLEED INTO THE SKYYYYYYYYY * tatatataaaaa* you know? [/pathetic MetallicSlayerDeth copy]
and that's the way i listen to LP now, just pretending that it's not LP :lol:

and i couldn't agree more about chester's voice, on Live in Texas his voice is great, but now..... yuk

Nah, that post was totally fixed. :p

Carach Angren - The Sighting is a Portent of Doom

Not bad. I may have to look into them a bit more when I get the chance.