Mandatory Now Playing

Leprous - Alleviate

Looks like Leprous is the latest band to sound like they've had the air sucked out of them. Song is still good, it's just something I've noticed over the past few months/years.

James LaBrie - Amnesia

Looking forward when he does a new solo album, which should, allegedly, be soon?

Gojira - Magma

Gojira's new album is one of my most anticipated albums coming up. Not #1, that's reserved for Evile's new album, but still! :lol:

Reactions: zerostatic
I've never given Gojira a chance. What songs or albums do you recommend?

Np: Exhumed - Limb from Limb

I love seeing Exhumed play this song live. Dr. Filthy comes out with the chainsaw and it is quite a show! :kickass:

Songs I'd recommend are Clone, Lizard Skin, Embrace the World, Backbone, Ocean Planet, Vacuity, Art of Dying, L'Enfant Sauvage, Stranded.
Personal favorites being Vacuity, Gift of Guilt and Global Warming. They definitely refined their sound album to album. The newest one, Magma, was written shortly after Joe and Mario's mother had passed away. The sound on that album isn't... like... in your face heaviness, but more of an emotional heaviness? It sounds a bit different, is my point. :lol:

And yes, they use blast beats in weird ass places. That's just the way they are. :lol:

Reactions: zerostatic