Mandatory Now Playing

Nick Johnston - Lore

I didn't even know this man was releasing a new album until yesterday. So incredibly hyped for this!!

Mastodon - Pushing the Tides

So this is the new Mastodon? Seems radio friendly and I can't blame them for trying to broaden their appeal. Not sure how often I will relisten to their new album.

The album reminds me a lot of Gojira's Magma. Both of which are really emotionally heavy because they're dedicated to a lost loved one and are lyrically about how to deal with it and move on. "Radio friendly" isn't really how I'd describe it. "Cathartic" is probably the term I'd use. Savage Lands and Eyes of Serpents are my two favorites. Eyes of Serpents got stuck in my head for like three days after I listened to the album the first time.

Cynic - In a Multiverse Where Atoms Sing

Reactions: zerostatic
Oddly enough, I was listening to that album again today as I went through some 2021 playlist stuff. For some reason the last song on the album, Gigantium, destroyed me. It's so emotional. Truly incredible. It's the epitome of that "last track on the album mystique" kind of feeling. It's kind of hard to describe how it makes me feel. Like... being in the deepest, darkest times, mentally, and seeing a glimpse of light and realizing that everything is going to be okay kinda feeling.

I'm listening to it again now, which is why I bring this up. :lol:

Mastodon - Gigantium

Reactions: zerostatic