Manitou - Entrance

I think you should try checking eBay and gemm.com once in a while. I bought it from gemm.com last year after searching it for maybe a year.

By the way, the album is fantastic. Both music and vocals are out of this world. Oyvind sings in a different style than SA. I hear a lot of Buddy Lackey influence in ASU although he says he never heard them. And in Manitou there is a huge Ray Alder similarity in his vocals IMO. Needless to say about his melodies... They are over the top. It is one of the best prog metal releases of all time.
I heard that the guitarist of Manitou was going to release a solo album. Are there any news about that?

Easily? - I've been looking for months and finally bought it from an amazon-narketplace for 20 euros!
Anyway, I found it to be a bit lengthy, and Oyvind is not yet as good as on ASU.
Where do you hear Watchtower there?

sava said:
By the way, the album is fantastic. Both music and vocals are out of this world. Oyvind sings in a different style than SA. I hear a lot of Buddy Lackey influence in ASU although he says he never heard them. And in Manitou there is a huge Ray Alder similarity in his vocals IMO. Needless to say about his melodies... They are over the top. It is one of the best prog metal releases of all time.

Thanks! It's rather funny to see that people actually know about this album.

sava said:
I heard that the guitarist of Manitou was going to release a solo album. Are there any news about that?
I guess you're thinking about Tor Höilands solo album. He was in Manitou before we released "Entrance". He's mixing the album now, but I don't know when it will be out or who will release it. The music is pretty much standard Heavy Metal.

Occam's Razor said:
Easily? - I've been looking for months and finally bought it from an amazon-narketplace for 20 euros!
Anyway, I found it to be a bit lengthy, and Oyvind is not yet as good as on ASU.
Where do you hear Watchtower there?
The Watchtower element is present every moment there is a technical/"weird" riff or harmony. "Entrance" for me is the combination of Fates Warning's melody and lyricism with Watchtower's hard sound and technique.

Well then, it's a matter of ears, I guess - Tower is a wholly different thing to me...anyway, that does not mean Manitou is bad. What would be bad indeed: if Oyvind would not have improved since then, which he has - as heard on ASU and Scariot. It is also a matter of the music itself. In Manitou, he would never have been able to sing as in SA. The music is not that "busy", so neither is his voice.

I found a site (MTG music online) which offers you the chose to either buy the CD or download the tracks. If I use the purchase cd function, will I receive the actual cd released on MTG in 1995? Since I don't live in Norway, I was hoping someone might have experience with this and let me know.

I purchased Entrance from that website. It's the real deal Holyfield. I'm not sure of your nationality, but I paid about $33 usd w/shipping.
I hope Exit, the unreleased sees the light of day. There is some exceptional tuneage on it. Maybe if I go in on it with that billionaire whose hiring SA to play in his back yard, we can start our own label and release it.

frantickromatik said:
I found a site (MTG music online) which offers you the chose to either buy the CD or download the tracks.

is there a link for this site? I've been searching for both the Manitou cd and MTG music online and all the latter search has produced is a mess of "magic the gathering" sites. Not what I had in mind.

Øjeblikket said:
the latter search has produced a mess of "magic the gathering" sites.

Speaking of Magic the Gathering... I love this card game !!!
Does anybody else here, besides me ofcourse, know how to play or still play this game... and still has the cards?? :D