Manowar and Rhapsody US Tour

FatesFan said:
I hope seeing Manowar live will change your opinion of them. Come back after the show and let me know what you think.

Thanks

Yep, Manowar are great, I like them much better than Rhapsody.

Jibrille said:
Even if you can buy tickets it doesn't really mean squat until the band officially announces it.
Concert promoters/venues like to jump the gun on unconfirmed tours and start selling tickets they can't be 100% sure they can honor. I think many of us already experienced that with the Nightwish tour that was postponed and then cancelled with both tours having tickets sold where only one actual date was confirmed for the first one.

But anyway, if this does happen I'll be at Worcester. :hotjump:
MANOWAR - Official Tour Announcement Made [Hot Flashes - 05.04.04 07:18:55]

HERE IS THE OFFICIAL UPDATE.

The following update has been posted at MANOWAR's official website:

"Manowar will once again march into battle in the name of True Metal. This worldwide metal crusade will begin on June 2nd 2005 and will span the globe during 2005/2006. This is more than just a tour this will be the greatest metal assault ever! Italy's premier symphonic metal band RHAPSODY will make their debut performance in America as MANOWAR's special guests. Having achieved sales of more than 1 million records, known the world over for thrilling audiences with their unforgettable stage show as well as their very own style of Film Score Metal Rhapsody have elevated symphonic metal to unheard of extremes. With their newest release Symphony Of Enchanted Lands Part Two - The Dark Secret featuring legendary actor Christopher Lee as guest narrator, Rhapsody have risen to a new height in the world of metal and as the special guests of Manowar you can be sure that this will be everything fans expect from them and more. Joining the fight to make this a triple threat is the newest signing to Magic Circle Music, HOLYHELL. This Pandora's box of intense melodic power features the newest must hear voice in metal today Maria Breon. This is an all star band of master shredders featuring JOE STUMP The Shred Lord known worldwide for his power metal style of playing and writing, who will burn down one side of the stage while being joined by Tom Hess, Chicago's premier guitar demon who will unmercifully scorch the other side of the stage. Holyhell promises total metallic and melodic devastation with their brand of mystical, magical metal."

Confirmed North American Manowar, Rhapsody, Holyhell dates are as follows:

June

2 - Cleveland, OH, at House Of Blues

3 - Winston Salem, NC, USA - Ziggy's

4 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL at The Culture Room

5 - Orlando, FL at House of Blues

7 - Atlanta, GA at The Masquerade

8 - Charleston, SC at The Music Farm

9 - Baltimore, MD at Sonar

11 - Buffalo, NY at The Icon

12 - Toronto, ON at Opera House

13 - Quebec City, PQ at Albert-Rousseau

14 - Montreal, PQ at Metropolis

16 - Philadelphia, PA at Theatre Of Living Arts

18 - Worcester, MA at The Palladium

19 - New York, NY at B.B. King's

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

AngraRULES said:
I hope I'll become a fan... I have one of their live dvd's... I just haven't watched it a lot... I saw some of it and it was good... But based on that it wasn't as impressive as I though it'd be... I am willing to give another chance to the band...

I'll definetly let you know... Would you be able to give me some good 5 or 6 song titles by them that I may want to check out? Thank you =)

It would be very difficult for me to narrow down their entire catalog to 5 or 6 songs. I would pick up "The Triumph of Steel" and spin that a time or two. If you like that album then I would work my way back from there.

I'll be going for Rhapsody but I'll fully enjoy Manowar as well. Just need to grab some of their music, now. And does that third band listed have a female singer? Maria I usually think of as a female name but all those Europeans like messing with my perception of gender :err:

There may be future dates added. They don't even list anything west beyond Ohio so don't count out Chicago just yet.

Does anybody know what label Manowar are on in the USA? Neither Metal Blade or Nuclear Blast are taking ownership, and I just cannot determine which label they're on over here....help!

JayKeeley said:
Does anybody know what label Manowar are on in the USA? Neither Metal Blade or Nuclear Blast are taking ownership, and I just cannot determine which label they're on over here....help!
MANOWAR Inks Deal With SPV [Hot Flashes - 05.03.11 12:21:00]

The following update has been posted at the official MANOWAR website (www.manowar.com):

Magic Circle Music has signed an exclusive worldwide distribution deal for Manowar with SPV.

Magic Circle Music spokesman and Manowar management team member Hinrich Stuerken revealed that "With their professional attitude and international structure SPV won out over all the other major and independent record companies in negotiations that lasted more than a year.

Manowar bassist Joey DeMaio was quoted as saying "We are proud that our past with Nuclear Blast was a success that ultimately brought them their first gold record in their home territory of Germany, however since the formation of our own label Magic Circle Music, we have the very same level of responsibility to our artists and their fans as we do for Manowar and the Manowar fans, so it was absolutely necessary to find a company that could interface with our structure and would commit 100 percent of their support to us as well as to all Magic Circle bands".

Manowar are set to release their new single as well as their new DVD, Hell On Earth Part IV, in July of this year. The new Manowar album will then follow early 2006.

Manowar will also perform live with several other Magic Circle Music bands at the Earthshaker Fest 2005 in Geiselwind/Germany on July 23, 2005.

SPV president Manfred Schuetz commented, "my first working experience with Manowar began in 1985. SPV was the exclusive distribution partner for Roadrunner Records in Germany and as such was responsible for Manowar's album Hail To England and therefore marketed it successfully

20 years ago. I believe that signing Manowar will be the beginning of a longterm and fruitful pairing with the Kings Heavy Metal. This has been a true wish for two decades to continue this early collaboration on a higher level. Now with this current deal structure I am sure all of SPV's hopes and visions for a band like Manowar with their own label environment will come true.

The importance of Manowar for the whole scene, not only in Germany but in the other major-markets around the world is reason enough for me to be personally involved in all aspects of this great collaboration as it has been proven right in all of our past negotiations.

The most recent of which is the collaboration between Magic Circle Music and SPV with the outstanding success of Italian melodic-rockers RHAPSODY with Christopher Lee.

With two experienced teams working together this can only bring success!

To date Manowar have sold over 8 Million records.

Their latest album Warriors Of The World was released in 2002 achieving Top 5 chart positions worldwide (e.g. # 2 in Germany's Media Control Top 100 Charts) and has been certified gold.

For more information: www.magiccirclemusic.com, www.spv.de, www.earthshakerfest.de

Matt Lee said:
*Falls down laughing for a full half hour* :D
Funniest tour EVER. All they need is Hammerfall in there.

I hope the encore is a battle to the death with war hammers and broadswords.

Oh yeah...only if they could show their true talent and throw some death growls in there! Maybe use some pentagrams on their cover art next time! Then they'd be true metal!!!!! :Smug:

Ft Lauderdale?!?!? The CUlture Room?!?!?

I can't believe after all these years I can get the chance to see MANOWAR live.....

Fighting the World!!! :headbang: :hotjump: :headbang:

I've got my ticket to the Winston-Salem show at Ziggy's!

if you don't see it coming to your town like brought up by someone in Chicago, it is probably due to the fact that someone doesn't want to take a chance and book it as the tickets for this show are HIGH as heck which most won't be willing to pay causing some people to go very much into the red.

In response to Sean's above comment. Actually, I only paid $33.00 total for the show, but I don't know if that would apply across the board or not. Anyway, Rhapsody doesn't come 2 1/2 hours away from Tennessee everyday, so I'd probably pay $50.00 to see them!

FatesFan, thanks for the info on Manowar... I'll most definetly check that out... I'm also gonna try to watch that DVD again tonight... maybe it'll get me hooked up on the band, we'll see...

Well, got my tix for Ziggy's today.
Was going to get them sooner but was waiting for E-tix to change the date on the ticket.

King Lek said:
Well, got my tix for Ziggy's today.
Was going to get them sooner but was waiting for E-tix to change the date on the ticket.

Yeah, I bought mine yesterday, which had the wrong date on it. I must give credit to both Ziggy's and etix, they stepped up, and corrected the problem quick!

AngraRULES said:
I hope I'll become a fan... I have one of their live dvd's... I just haven't watched it a lot... I saw some of it and it was good... But based on that it wasn't as impressive as I though it'd be... I am willing to give another chance to the band...

I'll definetly let you know... Would you be able to give me some good 5 or 6 song titles by them that I may want to check out? Thank you =)

some great Manowar songs:

Hand of Doom
Black Wind Fire and Steel
Defender
King
House of Death
Ride the Dragon
The Demon's Whip
Heart of Steel

I think it is a female singer based on the singers name. This is what I know:

Joining the fight to make this a triple threat is the newest signing to Magic Circle Music, HOLYHELL. This Pandora's box of intense melodic power features the newest must hear voice in metal today Maria Breon. This is an all star band of master shredders featuring JOE STUMP The Shred Lord known worldwide for his power metal style of playing and writing, who will burn down one side of the stage while being joined by Tom Hess, Chicago's premier guitar demon who will unmercifully scorch the other side of the stage. Holyhell promises total metallic and melodic devastation with their brand of mystical, magical metal."

Of all the major cities that this tour is goign on, I can't belive that they are not coming to Chicago. You guys can't hold back on us, especially when this is the most cheesiest tour ever! This is like crossing Velveeta with mac-n-cheese times three! I want to see it! :hotjump:

Keep Rockin'
saMetal:headbang: