Manowar - Hail to England

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Discuss. *opens Pandoras Box*

P.S. We talk about Bathory influenced by Manowar? Heh, listen to "Bridge of Death". The atmosphere, that mid-paced simple riffing tempo, it's all very Bathory-esque.

And here are some lyrics:

Dark Lord, I summon thee demanding the
sacred right to burn in hell, ride up to Hell's
hot wind.
Face one more evil than thou, take
My lustful soul, Drink my blood as I drink yours,
impale me on the horns of death
Cut off my head release all my evil, Lucifer is king
Praise Satan!!

IOfTheStorm said:
The HUGE influence on Bathory is the riff on the title track's chorus. Its the basis of almost all the riffs in the Viking era of Bathory.

It's true! I heard it and I thought, "Aha! So this is what Quorthon was referring to..."

i dunno what song it is, but probobly one of the ones mentioned, but bathory has a song that is EXACTLY like a ManOwaR song, not a little bit like it...EXACTLY THE SAME RIFF, it was creepydeepy

Is there a list somewhere that highlights which Manowar songs have been covered by other metal bands? The ones I know so far are:

Arch Enemy - Kill with Power (fucking awesome!!)
Slough Feg - Fasttaker
Solstice - Gloves of Metal

KILL TULLY said:
i dunno what song it is, but probobly one of the ones mentioned, but bathory has a song that is EXACTLY like a ManOwaR song, not a little bit like it...EXACTLY THE SAME RIFF, it was creepydeepy

Isn't it one from Blood On Ice? The Sword or something?

I love Hail To England. Especially the title track, it's a great compliment :D The rest of the album took awhile to grow on me but grow on me it did...

My friend's brother is a huge Manowar fan. Usually, people in the street make fun of him when they see him in his Manowar shirt. But one time, a car slowed down next to him and the driver gave him some candy - "...because you have the guts to wear a Manowar shirt in public." :tickled: