Rodrigo

Heat in 7
Apr 17, 2001
Southern California
MANOWAR – THE DAWN OF BATTLE
Nuclear Blast - 2003

By Rodrigo Escandon

NB_1072.jpg

Ok, lets get it out of the way. I am not a Manowar fan and this release did not interest me at all. Thankfully its only a 3 song EP and some special multimedia surprises that at least kept my attention span long enough to properly listen and watch The Dawn of Battle.

The first song is the title track and it’s a fast paced song with a slow bridge that is typical for the band. Nothing really new or exciting but with Manowar you know what you are going to get. “I Believe” is a power ballad with background chanting and some organ usage to try and make it interesting but again it is nothing new. Finally, it is “Call to Arms” which was featured in Warriors of the World and it is actually a very good song. It is very catchy, maybe a tad slow but definitely a song that you can sing along to. However, I do not see myself wanting to hear this song very often.

The CD-ROM part of this EP includes a short documentary of the “RingFest”. It was maybe 4-5 minutes long and it really tells you nothing about the event. There are a few short interviews, some live shots and one of the band members providing a voice over. Then there is a promo for the “Fire and Blood” DVD. Just think of this as a 60 second commercial that you could watch on TV. It gives you various images and facts of what will be included, again nothing that exciting. Then there is a section to see the lighting of the stage, it takes maybe 30 seconds and it was basically pointless. Finally there is a link to a website for this release that includes a tour diary, a page with info for this release (which is pointless if you already have this album), the same DVD preview and a page to buy tickets for shows that happened a year ago. In my opinion none of the parts of the CD-ROM are that special at all.

This release is strictly for fans of the band and even then I fail to see the advantage of picking up this EP. I guess if you are someone that needs to have every release by Manowar would this be something that you should consider buying.

Nuclear Blast Website
Manowar Official Website