Manowar - The Lord of Steel

How Would You Rate This Manowar Song???
While I love Manowar's Old Stuff MUCH MUCH more than their new stuff...I rate this song(Dawn of Battle) as one of the best of the new stuff!! It seems to have it all, Anger, Drive, Melody, and just oozes with Power...One of the best songs to have on your IPOD as you head to the Gym to destroy the weights!!. :heh:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zBzxd6z7MA&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

Dude I would never say what you quoted me saying. I know that to a point, it's a matter of opinion, but I can understand you not liking the music, but there's no argument that Eric isn't a fine powerful singer....Now, you may not his style of singing and I can totally respect that...You may be more into the Andre Matos style, which I absolutely can't stand..... With that said, it is seriously NOT COOL to edit my text and put something in quotes that I did not
say... seriously.....not cool at all........

LOL don't make it like I falsified a legal document or something. My "fixing it for you" was pure sarcasm. Chill out. I know very well you didn't say it, but I'll edit my "fixing" for you so we're done with it. Cool?

How about this. For the sake of the argument, can you give me a few songs that Eric Adams sings that would showcase his best ability? I'll give him another chance. :)

LOL don't make it like I falsified a legal document or something. My "fixing it for you" was pure sarcasm. Chill out. I know very well you didn't say it, but I'll edit my "fixing" for you so we're done with it. Cool?

How about this. For the sake of the argument, can you give me a few songs that Eric Adams sings that would showcase his best ability? I'll give him another chance. :)

No biggie. I couldn't tell by your quote if you were serious or not....
Anyway.
Here's one of my faves that showcases Eric's more mellow side:

Eric Adams & Sarah Brightman - Where Eagles Fly

-------------------------------------------------------
I don't want to embed too many videos on here, but here's 2 more:
"Master of the Wind" probably the best lyrics Manowar has ever written...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlOP8EijXyc&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

------------------------------------------------------
And Finally, I must include the absolutely georgous Battle Hyms!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SONt7426JcY&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
How about this. For the sake of the argument, can you give me a few songs that Eric Adams sings that would showcase his best ability? I'll give him another chance. :)[/QUOTE]

I would have to throw Gates of Valhalla in there - maybe Mountains (off of Sign of the Hammer), Animal (SotH), Battle Hymn, Revelations (into Glory Ride), there are some ballads on som eof the later albums (heart of Steel comes to mind). Truly - and this is coming from a biased source obviously - there is hardly anyone who can even come close to Eric when he was at his best before the grunting/speaking stuff that has overtaken the past few albums.

Like someone said before (well their girlfriend said) - finally a metal singer who sounds like a man. Early Manowar is pretty awesome stuff, even some of the stuff on Kings of Metal is pretty danm good. Once they started getting environmental and recycling the same few words and concepts over and over - not so much.