Manowar themselves admits what I always knew...

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Stated Joey DeMaio:

"So this album is gonna basically sound like I told you before — like somebody put gasoline on your fucking balls and lit it."

I already had the feeling it was gonna sound painful. He just confirmed it.

:lol:

Have you heard their last EP Thunder in the Sky?
It is VERY good.
Much more of a return to form for them.

I am going to remain optimistic.

AngraRULES - I assume you aren't a fan to begin with, given your comment. Fair enough.

It is VERY good.

AngraRULES - I assume you aren't a fan to begin with, given your comment. Fair enough.

Jason,

I have never hidden my dislike for Manowar, not only because I think the music is mediocre but because of a personal experience (which I have plenty times told over here on the forum). So you're right, I am not a fan. Does that mean I will not give the new album a chance? No. I will listen to at least a sample - and it will be mainly for shits and giggles.

Now, if you can't agree with me on the fact that his comparison on how the new album sounds is AWFUL, then there's something wrong with you. That feeling CAN NOT BE GOOD! :lol:

So just exactly what DOES that sound like? Soprano screeching at top volume with sounds of simmering flesh, fading into a whimpering groan. That's what DeMaio's metaphor calls to mind for me.

Apparently they're releasing a Diamanda Galas album.

So just exactly what DOES that sound like? Soprano screeching at top volume with sounds of simmering flesh, fading into a whimpering groan. That's what DeMaio's metaphor calls to mind for me.

Apparently they're releasing a Diamanda Galas album.

Actually, based on your description, it's gonna sound like just another Manowar album.

It is VERY good.

Surprised you didn't know of his hate for them. We even had a conversation about it on the Halford thread a couple days ago. :lol:

I can't remember every conversation on here, sorry.

Also, there is usually a lot of noise in any thread that Manowar is brought in on, since they have always been a love em or hate em kind of band.

I can't remember every conversation on here, sorry.

Also, there is usually a lot of noise in any thread that Manowar is brought in on, since they have always been a love em or hate em kind of band.

Very true. Part of the reason I'm hesitant to post anything Manowar-related. Ha!

I have several Manowar cds. The reason is, that I was trying to find one to back the reasoning behind their fame. Every time I would come across one in the used bin, I would think this must be the one!! Needless to say, I'm still trying to find the good one.
Are they from Wisconsin, cause that's a lot of cheese they sell!!
BTW, what's the story behind the Manowar hate Angra? I would like to hear it.

when I read the thread title I instantly thought Manowar finally come out of the closet. HAHA
Heh, me too. I'll listen to a sample, but doubt I'll get the CD. I've seen them live and had fun, but I don't listen to any of their material otherwise, though I have no fear of toasted testicles.