Manowar themselves admits what I always knew...

Heh, me too. I'll listen to a sample, but doubt I'll get the CD. I've seen them live and had fun, but I don't listen to any of their material otherwise, though I have no fear of toasted testicles.

Well I don't dislike Manowar and do have most of their albums but to me they are in a long list of bands like KISS who are just there, don't love or hate them.

AngraRULES, One thing you can't deny is the vocal ability of Eric Adams....That man has pipes like no other!... I mean you can't get more metal sounding than his voice. You may not be into the music of the band itself, but nobody can deny the sheer talent and powerful vocal delivery of Eric Adams.

AngraRULES, One thing you can't deny is the vocal ability of Eric Adams....That man has pipes like no other!... I mean you can't get more metal sounding than his voice. You may not be into the music of the band itself, but nobody can deny the sheer talent and powerful vocal delivery of Eric Adams.

See, while I think he works for Manowar I tend to find him less impressive than the other parts. I think a lot of it has to do with those lyrics he's spitting out. I agree he is one of the most metal sounding vocalists but yeah... I've always felt that the music of Manowar to be underrated. I do understand why some don't like them, but at the same time they're not that much cornier than a band like Dream Evil, Hammerfall, Sabaton, etc., which seem to get huge love here.

"So this album is gonna basically sound like I told you before — like somebody put gasoline on your fucking balls and lit it."
If he had said it's going to sound like "somebody put gasoline on an eight year old's balls and lit it", than I would have thought to myself, "Oh crap, it's gonna sound like Daniel Gildenlow fronting Manowar." :D

To Jason's point, the latest Manowar EP slays.

If he had said it's going to sound like "somebody put gasoline on an eight year old's balls and lit it", than I would have thought to myself, "Oh crap, it's gonna sound like Daniel Gildenlow fronting Manowar." :D

To Jason's point, the latest Manowar EP slays.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I do need to check out this EP you guys are talking about.

These two songs really showcase the ability of Eric Adams:

Father: (nothing corny or cheesy about these lyrics)

and one of the most powerful manowar songs ever:
The Dawn of Battle:

Manowar's message means different things to different people. To me it means being all you can be in life in general, not letting anyone who's out to crush your dreams to stand in the way and believing in what you can become, and Manowar inspires that message to me perfectly....Sometimes you just have to get angry to get things done, and the power and inspiring vocals of of manowar blasting the message into my ears does it for me, regardless of how cheesey it might sound to others :).

Last edited by a moderator:
You do. Awesome, awesome tunes.

However, "Father", to me, is simply awful. If it has an emotional meaning for some, than I can understand why it would resonate. Every other song on that EP is awesome.

The Dawn of Battle on the other hand should be played at every home team's sporting event! If that song doesn't get a team pumped up, then nothing will....;)

The Dawn of Battle on the other hand should be played at every home team's sporting event! If that song doesn't get a team pumped up, then nothing will....;)
Classic Manowar track. This is the only band I'd currently fly to see. If they play live somewhere next year, I will be there... and horrifically hung over the following day. :kickass: