Maple Fretboard Guitars

RockGuitarX

Miles of Machines
Sep 14, 2008
SA Texas, USA
Anyone have any suggestions? I've been searching the net for weeks and I can't find a good and decently priced guitar with a maple fretboard. The Loomis-7 is cool but I'm always hesitant on buying signature guitars. The Caparison Michael Romeo Signature is bad ass in every way but too expensive. I fuckin love maple, what can I say? (Don't try changing my mind:heh:) lol A little help would be appreciated!

I agree on maple being super sexy - depending on your budget, there's the ESP M-II, as well as the LTD MH-103QM (SUPER cheap). Or you could spec out a Warmoth or Carvin (I'd vote Warmoth), though that'd hove at around the $1200-$1400 range.

So with Warmoth, you completely customize?! That's pretty crazy. :headbang: I'm looking for a new guitar badly. I would be spending $1500 at the most.

Yeah, I'd rather have a Warmoth, cuz you can spec out EVERYTHING, whereas with Carvin you have certain limits; also, I've heard Warmoth is higher quality (though I'm sure Carvin is no slouch) - the only downside of Warmoth is that they're bolt-on only, so if you're looking for a guitar for heavy rhythm parts I'd definitely go for a Carvin CT with a Tune-O-Matic, but otherwise, Warmoth gets my vote!

Yeah, I'm definately gonna keep Warmoth in mind because I'm really trying to find the "perfect" guitar. Thanks for the info!

BTW I personally really dig the Maple Fretboards because my hands sweat like a bitch and the coating on most maple guitars feels nice/smooth and doesn't built up shit and feel all rough like rosewood. I've only played one guitar with ebony (Schecter BlackJack ATX) and that was O.K.

How do you guys feel the actual maple fretboard affects the tone for metal sonds?

I've only had maple experience with this telecaster i used for a long time, of course I didn't really use it for METAL TONEZ.

I've played a couple guitars with a maple fretboard and my brother has a Fender Geddy Lee. That being said, I think it has a "brighter" tone, good sustain and feels like sex on my fingers. It's all about preference. If you can, try one out!

Meisterjäger;7724470 said:
Jackson have released some Rhoades models with maple fretboards, Jackson RR24M.

yeah that guitar pretty much gives me a hardon. i'd definitely get it if it had two pickups and it were a regular v (and if i had the money).

566324.jpg

yeah that guitar pretty much gives me a hardon. i'd definitely get it if it had two pickups and it were a regular v (and if i had the money).

566324.jpg

AWEJgaio;werhpgioahweguiohawro'uighawieufyhaiewfha;e JESUS CHRIST IS THAT BEAUTIFUL (especially with the black binding on the neck), hot damn... :worship:

566324.jpg

Verrrry sexy!! (but definitely needs a neck PUP) I've always had a preference for maple fretboards for some reason. All but one of my guitars (and my bass) are maple fretboards.