Marcelo Cabuli to sue Nightwish?

Well, maybe Mape let Tuomas and the other guys read some chapters before publishing because he is a good friend of the band, but getting the band members' approval was not an obligation to him. I remember that Tuomas said in some interview that he read the whole book only when it came out of print, but I may not remember too well, it happened almost four years ago and belongs to history already.

Mape Ollila has followed the band's career from the beginning and also travelled with them on many legs of their tours and written a number of articles about them for various media. Obviously he is also the trusted man of the band when their relations to the media in general are concerned. The interviews on the documentary DVD "End of Innocence" (Dec 2003) took place in 2002 and were conducted by Mape. Originally he intended to use the videotapes only as backing material for his bookwriting, but the sessions turned out so interesting that someone saw a large part of them worth a DVD-relaase and the book was postponed. A large part of the book's content consist of stories and anecdotes about the band's pre-Once era. Those are based on the interviews which Mape made with the bandmembers, their families and the tour crew in 2001-2003.

In spring 2006 when Mape finally finished writing the book Tarja stayed in Buenos Aires and wasn't too willing to communicate with the author (wonder why? :p ) hence the lacking personal contribution from her in the last chapters. Before it went to print, Marcelo and Tarja tried to hold up publishing the book by telling Spinefarm Records that they'd not sign the contract for releasing the last concert on DVD if the book was published. (Mind you, the book release had nothing to do with the band's comapany nor Spinefarm, it is the author's and the publishing house's business.) As they promised, they never signed the "End of an Era"-DVD papers but Spine's lawyers found a loophole in thier contract to void their denial and the DVD went out in June 2006, only a few weeks after the book was published.

When there was nothing else left to do Mr Cabuli obviously filed the civil charges about libel in the book later that year...

[Sorry my rambling folks, this is old sh*t and actually shoud be left gathering dust already :p ]

Mape Ollila has followed the band's career from the beginning and also travelled with them on many legs of their tours and written a number of articles about them for various media. Obviously he is also the trusted man of the band when their relations to the media in general are concerned.

[Sorry my rambling folks, this is old sh*t and actually shoud be left gathering dust already :p ]
True, but stuff like this always has a way of resurfacing. Thanks for the refresher course. :cool:

Mape was actually working the merch table for them on the 2nd leg of the US tour. Real nice guy. Hope he comes out on top in all this.

True, but stuff like this always has a way of resurfacing. Thanks for the refresher course. :cool:

Mape was actually working the merch table for them on the 2nd leg of the US tour. Real nice guy. Hope he comes out on top in all this.

Yes thanks for the refresher course. During the DPP tour, I the opportunity to sit down and talk with Mape on many occassions(he was running the Merch), oh yes and also on the "Once" tour was where I first met him. He is a real straight up honest guy, and very humble, and a great person to get some insight into the band, we talked for hours at the show in Tempe in Sept 08.

As long as Marcelo is in the picture with Tarja, there will always be something coming up, whether good or bad. In my opinion he has brainwashed this poor girl into thinking he is the best thing for her, but as long as he is around she will be open to worldwide ridicule.

As long as Marcelo is in the picture with Tarja, there will always be something coming up, whether good or bad. In my opinion he has brainwashed this poor girl into thinking he is the best thing for her, but as long as he is around she will be open to worldwide ridicule.
Brainwashed? She's an adult that's capable of understanding the consequences of her actions and ultimately makes her own decisions. Even if the decision is to let Marcelo do what he thinks is best, that's a conscious decision that she makes. Painting her as a victim is a pretty big reach.

Maybe brainwashed was too strong a word, but it does seem that he has control of her. I am not trying to paint her as the victim in all this, none of us will ever know what he said, what she said, what she did, what he did. We can only speculate and read what is in the book and draw our own conclusions.

Crap! No-one told me Mape was there! I still owe him a couple of CDs from the good ol' days. Coulda finally paid him back. I honestly forget what I owe him for, but I know I do. :)