Marcel's JMP-1 settings

seppe

New Metal Member
Mar 23, 2006
Hello everyone,

I've just bought a JMP-1 preamp from Marshall together with a 2*90 simul class poweramp from Mesa Boogie.
I know that Marcel uses the JMP preamp.
But does sombody knows on wich settings he plays.
I just love his tone

Greetings,

Seppe

Hello

Well I dont have the settings anymore on the site simply because they changed quite a lot lately ;) I use different guitars and therefore my sound changed as well.

Another thing which is really important is that even if you use my rig, my complete gear, that you will not sound the same and you wont have the same tone. Tone comes mainly from the way you play, from the fingers !

In a lot of my video's I use a POD 2.0 and it does not sound very different from my rig, cause I play over it, see what I mean ?

Greets

Marcel

ok, thanks Marcel for the advise.
I'll just have to practise, practise and practise untill I get those fingers.:)

greetings,

Seppe

When you've reached that I'll probably find you pretty amazing, but you could also try to create your own style...that's what I've also done in my years of playing, it seperates me from others, and if you're good at it, you'll 'stand out'...

That's also the reason why Marcel is different from Petrucci, who's different from Jeff Beck, who's different from Vai, who's different from Eric Johnson...etc.